LET THE EVIDENCE BEGIN

by QUANTUM 109 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Deddaisy:

I've read this (Quantum's) post for the past few days with mild interest, feeling for the most part that Quatum opened himself up to this barrage, but after what I'm starting to read from some of the so called "informed" posters, I'm getting just a little ticked off because I know some of hateful things said here are just WRONG and untrue. If what a lot of you guys have posted about Mormans is true, their Church would consist of about 23 people (all baptised of course) instead of the over 10 million, including very prominent business, entertainment, and sports figures..highly intelligent and educated people who are not the fools some of you make them out to be, and I suspect that is because for some of you, you don't know any Mormans personally...but have 'heard' all these 'truthful' and awful things about them.

If their doctrines are different, fine...whatever, we live in a free country. You know what, first century Christians were known as 'flesh eaters', a dangerous CULT because the ate the body and blood of Christ over and over....what a bunch of weirdos, I bet if the internet was around then the boards would have lit up spewing 'truthful' information about their dispicable character too.

While we're at it, let's start picking on the leadership of the Southern Baptists, who said at their convention several years ago that God doesn't listen to the prayers of a Jew.... or how about those wonderful Lutherns, that supported Hitler in turning over Jews to the death camps. We can go on and on with every religion's history...but where would that get us...nowhere.

I think it's more important to look at people you KNOW, and assess (sp) them as to your relationship with them, rather than put down people you don't know because you have HEARD some 'things'. I have several Morman friends (So. Calif.) who are soooo cool and with it and are very tolerant. I've never heard them knock any religion... in fact, they never have pushed theirs on me... and I've known them for over 20 years.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Wouldn't that be a kicker if the scrolls are finaly found (Of course when the time is right) and there is nothing on them other then the words repeated in 200 languages,

YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Doubledge

Mormons are allowed to have more fun than jws. They can make lots of money. Thay are allowed to be spiritual. The encourage patriotism in the US, so they can get into the military, secret service etc. They can get well connected in the govt. They are encouraged to get well educated. They aren't as strict on their members for premarital sex. There are probably other areas where their religion is better than the jw religion, in the social area. However, none of those things excuses the cult for the crap they push as their theology. Their bom is as stupid as rutherfords writings are, or l ron hubbard's. It seserves all the attacks it gets, IMO.

SS

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

WE WANT SCROLLS!!!!!!

WE WANT PLATES!!!!!

WE WANT SCROLLS!!!!!!

WE WANT PLATES!!!!!

WE WANT SCROLLS!!!!!!

WE WANT PLATES!!!!!

pseudoxristos

• Farkel
    Farkel

Quantum,

Ok. Name all your articles of faith on this board, and show where YOUR MAIN ARTICLES OF FAITH came from. You can use either the Bible or the Book of Mormon(tm) as a reference. Each article of faith must be accompanied by a Bible or Book of Mormon(tm) verse that CLEARLY proves it.

Let the evidence begin.

Oh, by the way, also explain Joseph Smith's interpretation of the scrolls that constitute the Pearl of Great Price(tm). As a good Mormon(tm), I'm sure you were aware that Egyptian hieroglyphics were not understood when Joe Smith made his "spirit-directed" translation. Some years later scholars did de-cipher those hieroglyphics. Explain why Joe Smith's "translation" is 180 degrees out from the real translation.

Explain why Joe Smith's DIRECT FROM GOD(tm) translation of the golden plates into the Book of Mormon(tm) caused it to 1) not only be in Elizabethan English which was not spoken in the 1830's and 2) why nearly 1/3 of that book quoted verbatim (also in the same Elizabethan English) from the King James Bible which was made in 1611, more than a thousand years after the Golden Plates(tm) were supposedly written.

Also explain why that same Book of Mormon(tm) contains the SAME translation errors found in the King James Bible.

I will say that the Book of Mormon(tm) is a pretty decent novel, except to say that nearly every damn verse of every damn chapter in it starts with "And it came to pass." Well, doh! EVERYTHING that is in the past "came to pass."

I've got lotsa more. I was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah and my ancestors were Mormon(tm) pioneers. I was a dumb dub surrounded on all sides by dumb Mormons. I learned how to deal with them and their bullshit, just like how can I deal with you. Bet on it.

"Latter-Day-Saints" my ass. Any religion that would use that expression to describe their members is a put-off to anyone except Cult material.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 13 July 2002 0:11:43

• Valis
    Valis

For your viewing pleasure...especially new people..

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• JT
    JT
    Re: LET THE EVIDENCE BEGIN Jul 12, 2002 23:44

Quantum

I just read this very long and interesting thread, but I would like for you address an issue that was raised in this thread .

I am a black man and i read the views of the Mormon church on black folks- Why does your church teach such things about blacks? I find your faith to be very offensive in it's attempt to link the bible in support of the views expressed about black .

Your position as a religion on blacks sounds almost like i was reading it out of the KKK Manual on "How we view Black Folks"

And i used to love me some Marie Osmond and to think that she would have viewed me as subhuman- i never would have known based on that wonderful OUTWARD APPEARANCE.

How do you support a faith that teaches such blanant racism?

• Farkel
    Farkel

JT,

: Your position as a religion on blacks sounds almost like i was reading it out of the KKK Manual on "How we view Black Folks"

Back in Joe Smith's day, the Civil War hadn't been fought, so what he was saying was fashionable. Just like when Chuck Russell said that blacks who found his truth(tm) could turn white if they applied themselves. That was also fashionable.

When you are a Cult-founder and looking for Cult material, it is best to pander to the masses, JT. The odds are better that way. When times change and the Cult leader's idiocy is revealed, he can just claim "new light" and take that doctrine off of one shoulder and put it on the other shoulder.

The nice thing about the JW Cult and the Mormon Cult is that they both teach progressive revelation. This makes it possible to do anything under any circumstance.

Farkel, making a note to teach "progressive revelation" when he starts his own pet Cult

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Pseudo: Your realllly crack me up! LOL LOL LOL

QUANTUM: Unlike some posters YELLING at you, Farkel intelligently laid out some interesting points. Now, answer them point-by-point, if there are answers to made - I for one am interested (if you civilly reply)

L.T.: Gads....Marie Osmond! You would judge Marie Osmond on some Church policy that she had no control over and that was changed when she was probably in her teens? As a human being, I hope I'm not being judged over my Country's policy before the Civil War. About three years ago, I was in a religous discussion at lunch (at work) with 3 other people (one a Morman) when the "racial" issue came up. I really had nothing to contribute, mostly listening to the conversation. I learned a lot about the previous Morman policy, but even more amazing, what I didn't know is what the Southern Baptist guy told me about mainstream Christian churches. (His father was a preacher, and he at one time was studying to become a minister).

I hope I get this right, but I remember him telling me how, even today, in Tennesse there are two Churches of the same sect, right across the street from each other. One is black and the other white...and neither really intermingle with each other....it's just something "understood" and what people feel "confortable" with. (For me, I would go with the preacher that didn't put me to sleep). He also explained how even though blacks were Christian, other Christian churches wouldn't let them participate in their congregations...it was a "subtle" "mental segregation". I may have gotten this wrong, but I think I remember him saying that was how the American Baptist Church came about, because of this nice "Christian" attitude. Because of that conversation, one Sunday, while channel surfing, I came across a black preacher...Rev. Price (L.A.) giving a sermon on historical racism in the Christian Church in America. He went down point by point about the exclusionary policies by mainstream Christian religions here in this Country up until about the late 19'70s. He brought up beliefs, taught by those religions where the scriptures "proved" the black man was inferior...pathetically laughable today...but they were very common at the turn of the last century.

There is no defense of racism whether it be Morman or Baptist or whatever church, but sometimes I think we judge 19th Century people with the benefit of 21st century socially progressive minds.

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

farkle.....your questions require to much of my time in writing...I don't have the inclination to write a tome because they really never get read ...they put people in ga ga land.

I am not afraid of your questions but if your willing to listen to my answer by way of real scholarship then you need to go to the f.r.a.m.s. web site below........Is it fair to do it this way...I say yes because the kind of evidence they give is foot noted and backed up by more than this heresay........you don't accept their scolarship? well if not theirs why mine? they are accepted by many other non mormon scholars... you're not going to because you want to find fault with me ...on this board.......but I can tell you this that the comments you have made are completely erroneous about the BOOK of ABRAHAM and you can find out why at FARMS (see below)

none of you are looking for a truth but someone elses lies.....the people your getting this anti mormon stuff from, if you read it with an open mind instead of an open mouth........is they only make statements against...they never give any information which backs up their charges...doesn't that seem odd to any of you. http://farms.byu.edu/free/index.html

QUANTUM

Edited by - QUANTUM on 13 July 2002 1:43:0

Edited by - QUANTUM on 13 July 2002 1:44:54

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit