LET THE EVIDENCE BEGIN

by QUANTUM 109 Replies latest jw friends

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

PLEASE REFER TO THE FOLLOWING

http://farms.byu.edu/free/transcripts/index.html

Begin with Daniel Peterson's Evidences for The Book of Mormon

The entire site is filled with scholars who are recognised in their fields, from many different university backgrounds, and which are apologists for the CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTERDAY SAINTS.

Keep in mind, for those of you who are x JW's....The WTS has never had a scholarly arm to their church. Our church believes in education.

Utah has produced more scientists than any other state per capita, since the early 1920's

That not one negative anti-mormon claim has ever stood up. easily verifiable!

That the validity of the churches claims stand on two propositions:

(1) that Joseph Smith was a true prophet

(2) that The Book Of Mormon is exactly what it claims it is ( a history of GODS dealings with several groups of people, who developed into large civilizations over a 3000 year period. The most recent one in the book from 600 BCE to 400 CE.

It can be shown that Smith nor anyone else in 1830 could have produced this book from the knowledge and understaning of what was known of those times he was writing about, not to mention his lack of education ( approx 3rd grade level.....He did< however improve on that considerably as time went on). That modern archeology is producing Undeniable evidence that Smith was accurate in every detail, in culture, history, etomology, and geography .

And if The Book of Mormon is an enigma then so is the man who produced it. Millions testify as to his prophetic calling. Many believe, outside the church, that within 60 to 80 years this church will rank #3 among the world religions.

That all of the other writings of J. Smith also stand up against every and any test man has tried to bring it down with. VERIFIABLE.

All of the anti-writings have been summarily delt with and they all are found without foundation. VERIFIABLE

That as time has progressed since J. Smith death, the truth of what he said continually is verified. Not one thing has ever been proven to be false.

Q

• AlanF
    AlanF

I'm glad to see that you're honest enough to admit that you're preaching Mormonism here. At least, after you were found out.

: ... Not one thing has ever been proven to be false.

Right. Just like no one has ever proved that the Jehovah's Witnesses ever taught anything false. Mormons do have a great advantage over JWs, though, in that they're able to keep their everyday worldly chores separate from their dopey religious ideas. JWs are taught to mix everything together.

Truth is, Joseph Smith was a charlatan who just happened to catch on with enough people who didn't have the sense to see him for what he was. How that could happen to a bright man like Brigham Young is one of life's mysteries.

As for Mormon growth, they could well reach huge numbers in a few decades. But that means nothing. Pentecostals have grown from almost nothing 100 years ago to more than 200 million worldwide today.

Funny how JWs and Mormons use virtualy the same arguments about growth.

AlanF

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

What a load of Kolobs.

Expatbrit

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Show us the original text from the plates that Smith used when making the Book of Mormon. Then I will consider looking into these claims.

pseudoxristos

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

this one should keep those interested for awhile.......If you're not intersted I don't care to hear about it.

http://www.jefflindsay.com/BMEvidences.shtml

However, if you have genuine refutable material I'll peruse it.

If it is the same old anti stuff which has been answered and discarded many years ago and time and time again since then, you'll be wasting your time and mine.

Q!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Can I join???........I already have my Holey underwear.

-BONEZZ

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

The growth issue is not from the church but others who take an interest in the phenominum.

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

Like I said, these things are for the pure in heart, not for the pharisees!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Maybe you could give us the locations of some of the numerous Hebrew settlements in America. I'd love to go see the ruins and the artifacts. Oh, what's that? There aren't any? Odd how all those Hebrews lived here for hundreds of years without leaving any evidence...

You seem to be under the impression that we here are somehow under obligation to attempt to refute Mormonism for you. That is not the case. If you want anyone to accept Mormonism, it is up to you to provide evidence regarding Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. And you're going to be arguing to a tough audience. Having been taken in by one cult, most of us here are powerfully on guard against being deceived by another.

If it is the same old anti stuff which has been answered and discarded many years ago and time and time again since then, you'll be wasting your time and mine.

You sound just like the Watchtower decrying the teachings of "apostates". We are just hanging around here discussing our experiences as Jehovah's Witnesses and other topics as they interest us. You are the one approaching us with Mormon doctrine, we didn't come looking for you to tear you away from your church. If you wish to come knock on our door and preach to us, then it is you who bears the burden of proof. If time is being wasted, then it's you who are wasting our time, not the other way around. If you think talking here is a waste of your time, then there's a simple solution: Go Away. There are, I'm sure, lots of LDS boards where you can go hang around and discuss what a great organization you all worship.

Edited by - NeonMadman on 11 July 2002 18:18:43

• Mutz
    Mutz

I would guess the majority of ppl here have had their fill of religion and this inane vacuous twaddle you seem to enjoy spouting. I for one have had my fill of smarmy religionists pedalling their wares supported by totally unprovable 'evidence'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit