Do you care that you offend JW's?

by wholewheat 59 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

The JW's own Bible states that 'The taking of offence rests in the bosom of the stupid one.' For them to take offence would be an own goal according to their reckoning.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

If expressing my views contrary to that of JWs or any other religious group is offending them, then "NO" I don't care about offending them.

In the case of these "self-righteous" snobs, anything that does not agree with them is offensive. So, oh well. That's their problem.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

For years Jws besmirched people of other faiths with their famous slogan: "Religion is a snare and a racket." Even after that slogan lost its popularity they still insisted that anyone in another faith is a member of Babylon the Great and only fodder for the birds at Armageddon. Also, look at how the W.T. Society uses the term "apostate" in a derisive manner, when speaking of those who leave and question their authority. Of course, non Jws should not feel offended. But if the shoe is on the other foot, they cry offense.

• littleangrypolishgirl
    littleangrypolishgirl

Last time a witness came to my door I merely offered a hit from my pipe and that pretty much offeneded them enough to never come back. Good Riddens!

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

I am terribly concerned about offending Jehovahs Witnesses. They mean so very much to me, and add untold positive benefits to my quality of living.

• waiting
    waiting

LOL BAD SEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the first post that made me chuckle outloud. Seeing that I'm at work supposedly doing bookeeping, it's also obvious to the people I work with that I'm not working. Thanks a lot.)

Do I care if I offend JW's? It would depend upon what offends JW's, now wouldn't it? I agree with Larc, Hilliary, Kismet & BeautifulGarbage (who really is delightfully pretty). A lot of us here come to discuss ideas etc., - not curse nor condemn the poster.

If a poster is offended that his ideas and beliefs can be shot down with facts & figures, good reasoning & solid evidence - then that poster offends too easily. Toughen up a bit & do some research.

If a poster is offended by someone calling him so many of the names used around here - then I think that's inappropriate action of the person typing those names. I know I've been offended a time or two.............after I stopped being an active jw. I think attacking the poster is childish and immature, and most of us fall prey to it once in a while.

I hope you stick around, Wholewheat. There's a world or logic, reasoning, science, almost everything, that jw's have blatantly ignored. Enjoy the learning process - it ain't all bad - and neither are we.

waiting

• Xander
    Xander

Well, I'm chaotic neutral, so.....NO!

If I'm right, and they're wrong, and that bugs them...I LAUGH!!

HAHAHAHAHA @ -=you=-

(oops, slipping towards 'evil' now. *smack* - damn, too much neverwinter lately. Gotta tell ya, living a life of sin, debauchery, and D&D is just tiring...*whew* - off to go sacrifice some babies now...)

• raven101
    raven101

Hi Wholewheat, would like to answer your question, however you did not make clear what you meant.

Are you speaking of direct attacks, and or confrontations . . . are you speaking of discrediting, and or attacking the beliefs, or are you referring to something else entirely?

Just what exactly do you mean please?

Anyhow nice to see you here

raven101

• neyank
    neyank

Hi Wholewheat,

How is it that we can offend JWs?

Is it by telling them to prove that they have the truth?

Is it by telling them to prove the WTS is backed by God?

Is it to prove how an orginization, that has claimed to be Gods mouthpiece,
    can keep changing their teachings over and over and over again?

Is it by telling them to prove God Is using the WTS even tho people have died because of their teachings only to have those teachings changed later?

So if it's none of the above, can you tell us how we're offending JWs?

Oh wait. I think I know how.

Is it because their rules say that exJWs should be filled with misery being away from the WTS and we should be hanging our heads in shame whenever a JW is around?

But the fact that many many exJWs do just the opposite?

neyank

• ISP
    ISP

*** Rbi8 Ecclesiastes 7:9 ***
    Do not hurry yourself in your spirit to become offended, for the taking of offense is what rests in the bosom of the stupid ones.

I noticed that this has already been mentioned! Great minds think alike??! Wishful thinking? Hey....but really that was what I was told in dubland. Don't take offense.....no matter what!!!!!! So what gives now?

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit