Do you care that you offend JW's?

by wholewheat 59 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi Wholewheat,

Ahhh! The dreaded personal question....lol

Well, offend is a huge word. A rapist may be offended because his mother refers to him as a pervert, which he clearly is. As has been already stated, sometimes the truth can hurt. As it is such a broad term I am taking it as stated that you might really mean, "Do you care if you are rude to JW's'

I have no issues with any individual JW. In fact I love and respect many of them for the kind, considerate and decent people that they are. I also pity most of them for the emotional prison that they are unknowingly confined in. Even the ones who have hurt me deeply in the past I find very easy to forgive as they were in many ways only doing what they thought to be right. I would certainly not want to be rude to such people, though my views on their theology might lead me to having to offend them on occasion.

As to rudeness, well I think my views stated very often on this Board are a matter of public record. I do feel that those who deliberately attack JW's who venture on this Board by being rude to them, using cuss words that they know would offend them, sneering at their faith and their God, are probably far more contemptible than the JW's that they seek to humiliate.

Best regards - HS

• LB
    LB

It's pretty easy to offend a JW. Doesn't take a lot. They sneeze, you say God Bless and they'll have a watchtower article to quote for you.

But they spend a lot of time offending each other.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I fear inaction more than action when it comes to JW's. I've lost good friends because they're too blinded to know any different. As already stated most JW's are offended at anything that questions their Dogma. The WTS doesn't have its kid gloves on when they deal with us there is no reason for us to have ours on.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Actually, I do care.

I never set out to deliberately offend anyone. Even a JW.

However, I will not cease to express my opinions.

Now, just because I disagree with an individual's idea DOES NOT constitute an attack. I see a few people that start a thread, and when a number of others disagree, they say they are "attacked".

I do not like when people are called "stupid", "idiot ", "braindead" ,"have no reading comprehension", "a child molester" (just because they disagree), and "an a**hole".

Andee

• belbab
    belbab

Did it worry Jesus, when he talked to the scribes and pharisees. Even the apostles were concerned that he was offending them.

Mat 15:1 Then some Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said,
    Mat 15:2 "Why do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders ? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread." .........

And by this you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition.
    Mat 15:7 "You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:
    Mat 15:8 'THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.
    Mat 15:9 'BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.' .............

Mat 15:12 Then the disciples came and said to Him, "Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this statement ?" Mat 15:13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant shall be uprooted.
    Mat 15:14 "Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind. And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

No it does not bother me if Jehovah's Witnesses take offense to my words, they have offended millions over the years. What they sow, they shall reap.

belbab

edited to add: Your question asks, Do you care if you offend active witnesses? Do you mean by qualifying the word witnesses with the adjective active that it is OK to offend inactive witnesses?

Why so much concern about offending active witnesses, what about Catholics, Mormons Jews, and all the rest?

belbab

Edited by - Simon on 8 July 2002 7:2:36

• Perry
    Perry

I actually love individual Jw's. I lothe the spiritual power brokers though that keep them boxed in. I am not sentimental toward Jws, just sensitive. I try to balance that sensitivity with what I feel is a moral responsibility to open them up to a higher existence, beyond the WatchTower.

I'm afraid I'm not very good at it but at least I sleep well.

Perry

• professor
    professor

Right on, belbab. Funny how that WWJD thing always seems to work.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

wholewheat toast whined, um, i mean wondered about exJWs worrying if they offend current JWs....

I will now share my views: Hell, If offend my wife by just being my--

BURP* excuse me...now what was the quesiton again?

the dustrabbit

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I try not to offend anybody (no matter what religion they are) as a general rule. However I think that when ones comes to a forum such as this where we reguarly practice free speech...they shold not only take into consideration that they may be offended but also may be the ones offending.

Like it was already said....two way street....

Helloooo....

There are many different personalities, opinions and lifestyles of the people that post here. To think that one would never be offended is just crazy talk.

Find me someone here who has never been offended in the least and I'll find for you the end of the rainbow.

Spice of the almost never offended class

Edited by - SpiceItUp on 8 July 2002 0:23:5

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

I dont want to offend any JW's....I just want them to be free of the cult they belong to.

Lizard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit