McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Of course nobody on this forum actually thinks it would be ok for a police officer to grab them or a family member by the hair - my dad brought me up to show a measure of respect to those in authority, whether those people are nice or not. I don't have kids, but if I did I'd tell them the same.
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark

"So yet another case of some moron attacking a police officer who are supposed to just smile back,"

Actually police are suppose to react to the level necessary to CONTROL a situation. If a person was violent, they can be violent to the level to get control. Once a person has stopped being violent they are not suppose to run up and kick them in the head 12 times in a row when the person is not doing anything to warrant that.

I am sure that even your cop friend would attest to the fact that a police officer has no need to be violent when a perp is not.

"You do know police aren't supposed to be "jesus" don't you? You expect the whole "turn the other cheek" thing, really?"

Actually police are suppose to do that. Police are not to take out frustration on a perp.

Simon, do you think that the police officer who is repeatedly kicking a man sitting on the curb until he falls from a seated position to laying out should be allowed to do that? Please answer that question.

Well I posted some where POLICE attacked white people as well but you deleted them... I posted one with a police dog attacked the man on a couch based on the call of an officer but you deleted that one as well.

I have no reason to post pictures of police being attacked because that isn't what the thread is about. Police take a job in which they know that will possibly happen to them. They receive training to combat that.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Police need to be held to the same standard

You're right, paulmolark. But you never seem to mention the fact that citizens also should be held to some kind of standard. They have rights but they can't do anything they want.

If an officer gives them instructions, they are under law to obey.

• Simon
    Simon
    do you think that the police officer who is repeatedly kicking a man sitting on the curb until he falls from a seated position to laying out should be allowed to do that? Please answer that question

No I don't, I think anyone doing that should be disciplined. But I am not surprised that from time to time cops lose their cool when they are dealing with certain scummy people who they have probably dealt with many times before and know they will probably deal with again after getting yet another slap-wrist do-nothing warning.

You never care about the whole story. You never find out all the things that person has done. All you care about is white cop, black man.

The cops are human beings and human beings will ALWAYS react with emotion. I don't care how much training someone get's (and it probably isn't near enough) you simply cannot remove someone's humanity other than in a negative way (people becoming jaded).

It has been demonstrated in numerous professions from healthcare to firemen to soldiers. When people are dealing with traumatic incidents day in day out it takes it's toll. Just like the poor care that vets get, the police don't get enough support.

Police take a job in which they know that will possibly happen to them.

Sorry, that's an lame and insulting answer that dismisses the murder of cops as "ah well that's what they signed up for". No, no one signs up for that! The majority sign up because they have some sense of civic duty and do a lot of good helping people.

But let me ask you - why should we give a damn about any troops who are killed fighting in wars? Don't you believe that is what they signed up for as well? Explain to us what the difference is.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

"But you never seem to mention the fact that citizens also should be held to some kind of standard. They have rights but they can't do anything they want."

I believe laws are there for a reason and should not be broken. I stated the other officers did their jobs appropriately. No one wants to live in a lawless society. No one said people should be able to do anything the want or even suggested that people should do whatever they want.

However some constantly make excuses for the officer who overreacted. Not you. Even taking it to the degree that he didn't over-react.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    ""The cops are human beings and human beings will ALWAYS react with emotion. I don't care how much training someone get's (and it probably isn't near enough) you simply cannot remove someone's humanity other than in a negative way (people becoming jaded)."

The fact remains if an officer of the law reacts out of emotion and breaks procedure his job comes into question and it should. If I am a black human resource manager and white people have been annoying me all day then call a white woman a racial slur I lose my job. It is how things work.

I think Laika summed you up very well

Simon you are so dishonest in your tactics.

When I posted full videos and stories supporting my points you deleted the posts on more than one occasion. I asked you why and then that was deleted. I have stated repeatedly its not about color but about police aggression regardless of color yet you keep saying that I am only saying white and black. YOU ARE BEING DISHONEST. YOU ARE PURPOSELY IGNORING things that are being stated that do not support what you want to convey.

You have done this repeatedly to anyone who disagrees with you on threads about race. Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, etc... etc...

• Simon
    Simon
    If I am a black human resource manager and white people have been annoying me all day then call a white woman a racial slur I lose my job. It is how things work.

Seriously, LOL, has that ever happened?

When I posted full videos and stories supporting my points you deleted the posts on more than one occasion. I asked you why and then that was deleted

I sent you messages in more than one occasion directing you to the posting guidelines. All I got in return was you picking up on typos.

Off topic comments and irrelevant posts to ugly videos will always be deleted.

You have done this repeatedly to anyone who disagrees with you on threads about race. Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, etc... etc...

And now we see you have an agenda and are most likely someone already kicked off at least once before. Strange that you joined in March this year but know so much about posts from so long ago - almost like you are determined to enact some retribution. Regardless, that is the last accusation you get to make. Any more and you will be deleted. You have already had warnings - this is the last one.

And for the record - I was shown to be absolutely correct with my assessment of both the Trayvon Martin and the Mike Brown incidents once all the facts of each case came out. Are you just bitter because I was right?

What can I say, I guess being able to look at things objectively and evaluate the facts rather than making decisions purely based on the race of the actors allows you to make better judgement calls than you.

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, what are the chances that you have exactly the same IP address as some clown who's previously been booted multiple times before for racist nonsense and deliberately trying to make accusations against me by outright lies.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/284959/oklahoma-beheading-islam-disease?size=20&page=37

Bye bye Jason / confusedandalone. Try to get it through your thick skull - you're not welcome here.

Now maybe we can have a more reasonable discussion about the topic.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    police officers are public servants. They represent & enforce the law of the city, county or state in which they serve.

This quote is very much in line with my feelings toward the police. When a person becomes an officer of the law they are agreeing to be a part of a standard of behavior and to represent this country, their state, and their city. Due to this they must live up to that higher standard.

Contrast this with the general public responding to situations like Michael Brown's shooting and Freddie on Baltimore. These regular citizens may be showing up in large numbers but they are not officers of anything, they do not represent a standard and therefore the actions of one of them has no reflection on any other. This is absolutely not the same with the police, among which the actions of one absolutely does reflect on all the others.

Its difficult for me to take a side in this discussion anymore, because the more I think about it the more clouded seeing any clear stand I would take becomes. I believe few would debate what I've said above but even if that view were universally agreed upon as true it would be hard to settle all these flare ups we are seeing in society.

I recently watched a video of an Australian man reacting to the actions of police (which he witnessed). I wish I could find this video, alas I cannot; but, in the video the he responds to the police shooting a suspect by being utterly surprised and disgusted. He cannot believe the officer just shot the person instead of tasering them. I feel it is a valid point to make: why are the police here trained to draw their gun instead of a taser or some other non lethal response option? why are they trained to respond with such extreme measures so quickly? If you would argue they aren't trained that way but emotions set in then why aren't they trained until they can TRULY be trusted and released from duty of they can't be? Why can't what works in other countries work here, such as in Australia?

I do not share the opinion that our police force in America is prejudiced or racist, but I do feel that all of these events are evidence that there is a problem. Since the police represent a united group that are part of a standard representing their country and cities of residence it is the responsibility of their side to change in ways that will please the people.

The only way I currently see this happening, is a police force that has no lethal weaponry on their person.

• Simon
    Simon
    This is absolutely not the same with the police, among which the actions of one absolutely does reflect on all the others.

I don't think it reflects on the others, it brings the force into disrepute but bad actions only reflect badly on those committing them or any who cover it up.

Without this distinction then the argument that criminals reflect on all the others in a community of the same race becomes valid which it should not. The criminals are the criminals whatever color they happen to be and whatever shirt they happen to wear.

The problem is that for both police and color people seem unable to separate condemnation of individuals with condemnation of the group. People want to blame all black people. People want to blame all police. Neither are valid or fair.

why are the police here trained to draw their gun instead of a taser or some other non lethal response option?

Guns, guns, guns.

A taser is an option if you know for certain that someone doesn't have a weapon and there is a good chance it will be effective (clothing etc... heck, I imagine even if it's a windy day). They are not without risk and in fact the evidence shows that the more non-lethal alternatives you provide the more times they end up being used. It can actually be a worse problem - they don't make shootings go down, you just have more people now being tasered.

A gun is simply a more effective weapon though and if there is any chance someone has a gun then you don't want to be stood holding a taser.

A good reason why it's a good idea not to be doing anything that might result in someone having to use anything to subdue you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit