McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    they were trained that their Districts were basically war zones, where the only way to keep those people in check were with threats of more violence

How would you describe Baltimore and what would be your solution to the challenges they are facing right now? How else do you maintain law and order and provide some basic sense of civilization for a community other than by being tough on the people who terrorize it, don't want to be reasoned with and only respect power?

Some of the policing in some areas is an inevitability because crime becomes so bad that the citizens demand it and the politicians are compelled to order it.

Eventually it is brought under control to a point that people have the luxury of claiming that the police are now too harsh. An incident happens that makes the news, the politicians of course put their own careers first and everyone turns on the police and tells them to be gentler and kinder with everyone.

They are, and serious crime then skyrockets to the point that the cycle repeats and people start saying they don't care if the police are rough on people, make the murders stop !

The policing a community gets is as much dependent on the attitudes and behaviour of people within that community as the police. They feed off each other.

It's much harder to get gentle policing in areas riddled with violent and repeat criminals.

I also think it's more racist and unfair to allow this crime to go unchecked and, apologies to the namby pamby folk, but when you're dealing with violent, repeat offenders and people who spit on you etc... then you should get a punch in the face now and again because people are people and the number who can keep their cool when being provoked like that day in day out is close to zero so get real, the claims of "they should be more professional" are hollow and unrealistic to me. How about people be civil in return? How about YOU try to do the job for a week. It's a testament to the professionalism and patience that so few people are shot!

• Laika
    Laika

Is there any evidence that the girl in question committed a crime?

• Simon
    Simon

She was with a large group committing a number of crimes and refusing to disperse when asked. The cops were restoring order and she simply wouldn't comply with requests which is why she was arrested.

Funny how none of the people so keen to video the police dealing with them were as keen to video them being a nuisance to others.

It will be good when the police have body cams. I expect far more people to be arrested, far fewer to get let off because they now have conclusive evidence and far fewer bogus complaints about the police.

And all those videos will end up on TV and people get the same trial-by-media treatment that the cops are currently having.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I was a cop. A deputy Sheriff. Now retired collecting my pension.

I don't see where Casebolt did anything wrong according to any training that I had.

I think he retired because, He lost the support of the chief. Its all politics.

And being in Texas, I am thinking they had a very poor union.

I bet you morale is very low on the department in McKinney Texas.

I bet you many officers will be leaving shortly.

Police go work where they find better benefits and support.

And the police chief in McKinney does not support his officers.

I can tell it was a mickey mouse police department because they let Casebolt wear white socks.

Very unprofessional, evidence of no muster and inspection and a mickey mouse operation.

The lack of inspection falls on the chief.

I would never work for a department that did not pride itself and inspect its officers before putting them on the street. You look like a security guard when you wear white socks.

Casebolt had 10 years in. He was probably thinking of retiring anyway. It is a stressful hectic job.

Once you get vested you are always looking for a time to leave.

• Laika
    Laika
    So... That's a no then?
  • Laika
    Laika
    So... That's a no then?
  • Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    I also think it's more racist and unfair to allow this crime to go unchecked and, apologies to the namby pamby folk, but when you're dealing with violent, repeat offenders and people who spit on you etc... then you should get a punch in the face now and again because people are people and the number who can keep their cool when being provoked like that day in day out is close to zero so get real, the claims of "they should be more professional" are hollow and unrealistic to me. How about people be civil in return? How about YOU try to do the job for a week. It's a testament to the professionalism and patience that so few people are shot!

So you're saying that police -should- assault suspected drug dealers and loiterers as part of the process then? IMO, that's seriously messed up. Especially considering the history. The government creates the problem and then they solve it by beating it into submission. Awesome.

If that's where people come from, the kind of opinions stated in these types of threads become a lot more clear.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

If someone is interfering with an officer's ability to control chaos at a scene of reported crime then that person is subject to arrest for interfering with a police officer discharging their duty. Often what happens is the individual is neutralized and when things calm down they are released. Just because a person is cuffed does not mean they're going to be arrested for criminal interference, but it is a criminal offense nevertheless.

By "neutralize" I mean an action that essentially removes an individual from interfering. If too many people are meandering around causing needless distraction the neutralizing act might be an instruction sit down and stay in place. If the person complies then that person is no longer interfering. Alternately the same person might be asked to get out of the scene of investigation. Basically this means, 'Remove yourself from the chaos so I can watch for dangers yet unidentified.' If the person complies then any interference they were causing is likely to be neutralized. When someone is doing something that interferes with a police officer carrying out their duty and does not comply with instructions that would remove that interference, the individual will likely find themselves being physically restrained because the officer has other fish to fry and he or she needs to act for the individual who refuses to act responsibly for themselves, the police officers and everyone else's safety.

In the McKinney pool party incident my opinion is the bikini clad gal was interfering with police attempting to control chaos at a scene where violence had been reported.

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    How would you describe Baltimore and what would be your solution to the challenges they are facing right now? How else do you maintain law and order and provide some basic sense of civilization for a community other than by being tough on the people who terrorize it, don't want to be reasoned with and only respect power?

I linked to an article by David Simon, who was a police reporter in Baltimore, and other sourced accounts in the Baltimore thread. -That- is the description of how Baltimore is, and also why it's a cyclical system that just doesn't work. A mix of forced poverty en-large, a useless drug war, corruption in politics, a police force that allows constant assault, and a suffering inner city populace because of these things.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    I can tell it was a mickey mouse police department because they let Casebolt wear white socks.

Alas! Every time I watch the video that item leaps off the screen at me. I didn't bring it up before because it's a sideshow. But now that you brought it up, I agree.

The right thing for the local Chief to have done was to form his opinions once the investigation was complete, and not before. Sharing an opinion prior to that is very unprofessional, and can be very harmful to the department's morale. You're right, though. It's political.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit