(Subtitles)

Matched programme description

using Smart Search 'jehovah'

with keywords 'jehovah'

Edited by - ns7 on 6 July 2002 7:35:7

Edited by - ns7 on 6 July 2002 12:34:50

• Matty
    Matty

You said July 2001? Where did you get this information? This programme was not shown last year, do you actually mean this year?

Edited by - matty on 6 July 2002 7:30:25

• ns7
    ns7

I have a computer programme Digiguide, which provides up-todate TV listings on all british and digital tv in the UK. When I downloaded the weeks listings for july 13-19 this showed up.

To non british viewers Panorama is "BBC One's longest-running, weekly flagship investigative current affairs programme." For more about Panorama see http://www.digiguide.com/pdb/p_9332.shtml

ns7

• toddy
    toddy

ns7,

You typed

"This is on Sunday 14 july 2001 uk bbc1"

I hope this is a typo?

Iv'e looked on Panorama's home page and there is no mention of it

• Matty
    Matty

What I said in my post before I edited it was that I was lamenting earlier that Dateline will be watched by very few tonight in the UK, as it is on at 12:45 am on a minority channel - but this will be

massive if it is shown.

Its strange that we haven't heard about this before? The Americans were going on about Dateline for ages and ages before it was shown. Here we are, with what looks like a whole Panorama dedicated to the subject, the flagship documentary programme in the UK, and just one weeks notice. I still can't believe it!

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

OMG

Yes, I've just checked Digiguide and it's definitely there. Wow, I hope they do it justice, unlike the watchtower with it's victims.

Matty.

You gonna make sure your parents see it?

Ignored One.

• Matty
    Matty

nic, I remember that post now. Thank you very much for the information. Of course things have been quiet since then, this was obviously deliberate!

Iggy, I will make sure my parents watch it, no doubt about that. At the moment everyone in my congregation has been blissfully ignorant of the whole thing. They won't be soon. This is amazing.

• anglise
    anglise

Thanks for highlighting this Matty

For those with digiguide you can email details of forthcoming progs straight from the package to "interested ones"

Anglise

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

This would be a nice thing to show all the "Catholics are really bad regarding paedophiles" won't it?

Ignored One.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Well I've found it too.

Sunday 14th July 2002. and repeated again on the 18th July. A 40 minute Panorama programme about the Jehovahs Witnesses and their policy of shielding paedophiles from prosecution.

Does anyone have the viewing figures for this programme ?

This is from the BBC's website about Panorama:

For nearly fifty years, Panorama has been scrutinising the use and abuse of power and making hard-hitting and thought provoking television. The programme has a distinguished history.

It is the BBC's flagship current affairs programme and the longest-running public affairs TV programme in the world.

Panorama's job is to investigate and uncover stories about Britain and the world. The range of stories that the programme covers is wide but the guiding principles for Panorama are always the same:

• To make programmes with authority which make waves and withstand scrutiny.
    • To report the world we live in with a depth of understanding often missing in many other programmes.
    • To scrutinise the use and abuse of power, both public and private.
    • To get to stories first.
    • To make the stories we tell relevant, accessible and engaging for the audience.
    • To treat fairly the people with whom we deal.

They kept this one quiet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit