BILL BOWEN

by crawdad2 87 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• myself
    myself

Crawdad, it isn't a money issue. It is about changing the policy of protecting the abuser, and victimizing the victim. Any win is another victory. Going after high dollar amounts makes it a money issue. The judge and jury are more likely to see it more seroiously if it is a matter of principle. Too many people sue just because they are looking for another way to get money.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser
    suing them for too much would destroy the organization.

The organization is destroying itself.

• COMF
    COMF

That's right, crawdad. It's all about the money. Yeah, buddy.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

re-victimizing the victims is what's going on...........re-victimizing victims with the best cases who have suffered greatly, for a major portion of their lives, at the hands of a cult. ......... victims who have the courage to come forward to help other victims, by going the distance in court, and taking big pieces of power away from the gov body. ................... they are being talked out of suing for big money, as bill bowen works his plan to fix a cult that can't be fixed............ they are being talked into sacrificing their right to be justly compensated, in order to help bill bowen as he thinks he can salvage a cult.

Edited by - crawdad2 on 4 July 2002 12:21:36

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Edited, because I'm embarrassed that I agreed with him.

Edited by - Windchaser on 6 July 2002 1:5:10

• Xena
    Xena

Well crawdad if you are so upset about it all why don't you stop your crying and moaning and actually DO something. At least Bill Bowen is actively DOING something about the issue.

*Edited to take my bad word out after Simons reminder

Edited by - Xena on 4 July 2002 12:50:42

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I suppose it's not out of the realms of possibility that the victims have lawyers who gave them legal advice and opinions on the size of the award to claim.

Just possibly, Bill Bowen didn't arbitrarily set the size of claim all on his own. Just speculating here, of course.

Expatbrit

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

As much as I despise Crawdad, I must say that I too questioned the amount of the suit.

I assume that the suit will be for 50,000 plus costs. The low amount may be a way of luring the society to settle out of court without a full trial. If this proceeds to a full trial, the legal costs would likely be 100,000+, making the original suit amount seem pretty low.

Or, could it be that the nature of the abuse may not have been as severe as in the Rodriguez case? Either way, it is beautiful to see their oily hides nailed to the wall one more time, no matter for how much. The negative publicity is worth ten times the amount of the suit.

Just wondering.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

dear god,............. please increase the amount of money heidi meyer gets.....

Edited by - crawdad2 on 5 July 2002 0:16:14

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sheesh Expat! I don't this forum needs that kind of wild speculation. Please, show some restraint.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit