• Twitch
    Twitch

Ah yes, of course

So, do you like grapes?

lmao

• Viviane
    Viviane
    So, do you like grapes?

I do. Fantasy seedless are my favorite. They're large, black, firm and incredibly juicy and the way they split open when I bite down on them, the crunch as they spill their juice into my mouth when my teeth rip into their flesh is utterly satisfying.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Lordy...

Well played, V, well played. That post almost deserves a red X over it. I'll be watching out for you when I'm near the watering hole, er, produce section at PriceChoppers.

And with that, I'm out. A pleasure as always Miss V. And thanks for the virtual chess; all in good fun ;)

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Guys

I've not been here long but I feel like I've been here for ever. This place just kinda gels with me.

I'm a very "passionate" guy (no, I'm not talking in THAT sense), I "care" about most things. I think we should but that's just my personal opinion.

The one thing I "hate" with a vengeance and a "passion" is religion, especially jovies and katlickers. Things happened in my childhood that I'd prefer not to discuss. In one sense, I know that I should forgive, forget and move on. In another sense, I shouldn't because it's not fair that it should happen to others. If I can stop it happening to one other person, I will be satisfied.

For lots and lots of reasons, I am as sure as I've ever been of anything, without actual proof, that there is no god.

Religion is an evil institution that prays on the vulnerable in order to extract money and wield power.

There are those who would say that religion fulfils a need in Man. My answer to that is that the need was created by religion in the first place which it now pretends to meet.

I have no issue with ex-jovies/katlickers. I have no issue with those still 'in' physically but mentally out. Where I do have issues is with those that are in and wishing to persuade others to join their nest of vipers or anyone spouting illogical and superstitious nonsense about the Bronze Age Myth (AKA god) and using the excuse that one cannot disprove his existence as proof of his existence. What illogical nonsense

The thing that really ticks me off if this head bowing and praying nonsense. Man isn't perfect, it has to be said. He has done some terrible things, mostly in the name of religion strangely. However, he has done some great things too. He has done some great things in science, literature, art and music. He has survived all this time. He has earned his place in this universe. There is no need to bow and pray to anyone, least of all a make-believe god.

It's about time Man grew up, dispensed with this religious nonsense and moved on.

Anyone who requires man to bow his head to these make believe gods, and that includes 'ministers', 'elders', 'priests' and the like or persuades others to do so or acts as a 'template' for others shows disrespect for Mankind. These people I take issue with. These people I will likewise disrespect for they disrespect Man.

If some people see this as bully boy tactics, so be it. But, I will not show respect to people who show no respect for Man for they are undeserving.

So, if the OP had me in mind when they were referring to bully boy tactics, at least they will understand why.

Oh, I have received several emails of encouragement. My thanks for those.

• jhine
    jhine
    Bumped
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

I've been a small time poster here to this forum for a few months. What I know is limited, which is why I have made few threads (only one) and have tried not to throw my weight around or coerce people into believing what I believe. We all have partial knowledge of anything if you really think about it. That being said, you FusionTheism have made 50 threads and only posted 170 times! You seem to write a lot, teach your brand of things. You flood the forum with your postulations and observations without posting much or replying to posters who answer your inquiries with honesty and effort. I'm not surprised that you are being bullied at all. The nail that sticks up often gets smashed back down. You seem to have an agenda and are using this forum to advertise it. Do you want to start a new religion? Maybe you can be the Governing Body of one!

Discussing the possibility of a deity or supernatural power existing is interesting. I don't mind it at all. But there is something about the way you write that just really irritates me. You seem to want to be a good punching bag, so don't get offended when people take swings at you. You also slink out of threads that you started really quickly. You seem to be the kind that lights a fire to something and runs away to avoid the consequences.

I bet if we met in real life, there would be many things to like about you, but I think I'm done with engaging you or your threads... Life is too short.

By the way, I think we can use the word "bully" just like "apostate". Its an easy way to attack those critical of what you write or think. Just another ad hominem attack really...

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    An astute observation Bonsai.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

The word bully seems to be one of the go-to buzz words popular right now when you want to condem someone but cant really find something substantial. Its en vogue to throw around but sadly its overuse desensitizes us to the real uglyness of true bullying.

disagreeing on the internet isnt bullying.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

These discussions amount to this:

For atheists it's a debate

For theists bullying

that should tell you something right there. Only religion makes people out to be apostates or infidels when the grow as a result of evidence based knowledge.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Awe shucks. This isn't a flower arranging forum folks. It's for a discussin' matters religin.

When two or more people talk about riligin, diverse views emerge, nostrils flare, tempers are lost, wars are fought and millions die. It's been this way since christards invented their god (whom they call Yahoo), jesus and their particular type of homophobic, mind-numbing, tedious shyte which they encapsulated within something they call the babble. Until riligin is wiped from the face of this planet, and that day couldn't come soon enough for me, it will be ever thus. So, ffs, get over it. For someone to come on to a forum such as this and then to whine and complain about bullying is, IMHO, a complete and utter twat with the IQ of a plant pot holder. Now just get real or peace off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit