Disco Sucks!

by professor 46 Replies latest jw friends

• wifibandit
  • stillin
    stillin

Great thread to resurrect, wifi!

we must remember that The Worldwide Headquarters Of All That is Spiritual, Brooklyn Bethel, is only a few train stops away from the East Village and the Village People...YMCA!

i was in the Village for Flower Power Summer and, gotta admit, too many gays for my taste.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I dont remember the anti-disco sentiment, but I do remember the psycho-babble warnings of Watching Saturday Night Fever in the congregation.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

One little girl in our Congregation asked "Why can't we go to Disco's anymore Mummy?"

Her mum was nonplussed until she realized the little girl thought the name for the Supermarket Tesco was Disco.

That little girl is now a mum herself,and well out of the JW's, no doubt she still goes to Tesco's, and maybe the odd Disco if she wants.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Yet, now that it's old and young people hate it, it seems that it's okay. Can't go to a witness party without hearing those old songs. LOL
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And every new genY witness enjoys dress-up parties where clothing outfits like "disco" is worn with pride!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don't think conservative religionists have ever freaked out about music to the degree they did with disco; not even with metal or rap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit