Disco Sucks!

by professor 46 Replies latest jw friends

• evangelist
    evangelist

I guest I am one of the oldest Disjockey on the thread, and I was one of the first DJ to invent mixing records together.

I`ve been a DJ for over 24 years, and I played in over 50 clubs.

I have a disco now that I am leader of , and we play only christian music,without alchohol,drugs , and cigarettes, you can check out my web site http://www.geocities.com/swpubs/revivaldisco.html to get more information over me and the first revival disco in Europe. I love dancing , and I know we can give God praise by dancing for Jesus, and we can worship Jesus with the christian music as long as our heart is giving Jesus the glory , and praise.

Psalms:150:4: Praise him with the timbrel and dance

From one of thwe world greatest disjockey Grand master mixer.

God bless

Edited by - evangelist on 2 July 2002 9:17:42

• professor
    professor
    I guest I am one of the oldest Disjockey on the thread, and I was one of the first DJ to invent mixing records together.

24 years ago would put you in the same decade as the creation of turntablism. Mixing records started in the early 70's with early hip-hop breakabeats, correct? The first mixing of two records, (or at least the beatmatching and cutting) is most often accredited to Bronx D.J. and Jamaican immigrant Kool Herc, and then pioneered by the likes of Grandmaster Flash. If you were one of the inventors of mixing records, did you know these D.J.'s? what influence do you feel you had on these mixmasters? I don't doubt you, I am just curious.

Edited by - professor on 2 July 2002 15:20:8

• evangelist
    evangelist

Well My nick name was Grand master mixer , and before grand master flash, but grand master flash was A good student from me after copying my stle of mixing .

When you go to my web site look at who is c.moore, and read the testimony.

Like I said check out my web site , and read my testimony , it will give you more details, praise God.

peace

Edited by - evangelist on 2 July 2002 18:29:11

• teejay
    teejay

If you think disco sucks, you've never heard Shame by Evelyn "Champagne" King, or

Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody by Brick, or

Let It Whip by the Dazz Band, or

Ffun by Confunkshun, or

And the Beat Goes On by The Whispers.

Not all of any genre of music is on the one but there are definitely some good disco cuts. As my friend Don Cornelius was so fond of saying, those are grooves that make you wanna move real smooth.

• mommy1
    mommy1

I remember a talk at an assembly about worldly music. It was said Queen's song Another One Bites The Dust was demonized. I remember I liked that song but was so afraid a demon was going to come out the speaker when it came on the radio. Hey maybe that's why I got disfellowshipped a demon got me while I was listening to the radio.

• professor
    professor

I attended a District Convention where the District Overseer actually had that song played backwards for the whole arena! (another one bites the dust by queen). When you play it backwards, it sounds like "decide to smoke marijuanna".

• evangelist
    evangelist

How about David who dance his clothes off, I think the king David had nothing about dancing.

can we do the same,and we have alot of reasons to dance like David, only keep your clothes on.

peace

• wifibandit
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Lest we forget other forbidden genres...

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Macho, macho men.

They've gotta be - macho men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit