Does being called an 'apostate' upset you?

by wholewheat 109 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

Heaven got it right

blonds like myself may refer to eachother as "dumb blond"
    and so did those using the N word. I do believe being called the N word has to hurt a lot more as it is said to too many Black people.

But I do get upset when a JW calls me an apostate. Not angry but it's a cruel thing to say and it is intended to be cruel. Especially when I get e-mails from those all so holy lurker JW's that keep coming here. Imagine that, getting judged by someone that disregards the society's viewpoints on visiting such a site.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Hey just so long as they called me!!!!!

hhahahahahha no actually I don't mind at all, because well I am one and rather proud of that fact!!! I went through a lot to earn that title it's not as easy as it sounds

Ven

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Another question would be -wholewheat- why do you care? I've actually talked to you in the chat room and it would appear that you aren't asking questions because you really want to understand- more so to stir the pot. Is that a loving way to behave? Are you proud of that kind of behavior- cruising the net looking for people to get all riled up?

The other thing is- the way I read your question it's like you are asking why folks are upset with being called and "apostate" like why so upset with being called a name- this particular name.

I would then ask you- is it a Christian thing to do- to call people names? Is name calling something that you are proud of as part of who you are?

I thought Jehovah's Witnesses where the happiest and most loving people on earth? The kind of behavior you display with name calling and trouble stirring does not come from happiness nor is it loving.

Maybe you have some questions to ask yourself about what kind of person you are and whether your God would be proud of that instead of asking others whether they enjoy being on receiving end of the unloving way you choose to behave.

Peace~

~XW

Edited by - xenawarrior on 30 June 2002 0:2:7

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Wholewheat,

Turnabout is fair play. How do Jws feel when ex-Jws refer to them as dubs, Jehovah's witless, and make references about the borg, the kingdumb hall, the witchtower, afake magazine, etc.? I have already noted that you do not like to be called Buckwheat.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I don't like saying the word. It sounds like something that ooozes. drip. YUK.

If someone calls me apostate, it doesn't bother me. Not personally.

I do not consider myself an apostate and if I call myself one it is in jest.

Like the blond thing...It's a blond thang.

• neyank
    neyank

Does being called an 'apostate' upset you?

HAHAHA........NO it doesn't.

Most of the people that use that word as an
    insult don't even know what it means.

Look in the dictionary for the meaning of it.

It means anyone that changes his/her belief in something.

So those that left another religion to become a JW are an apostate.

Tell us Wholewheat, are YOU an apostate?

neyank

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

Being called an apostate [one abandoning something one once believed in, as in a faith] would not offend me coming from a cultist [one professing devoted attachment to a person, principle], or a sectarian [narrow-minded person blindly devoted to a sect].

Certainly not.

Edited by - bad_associashun on 30 June 2002 0:34:12

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

You can call me an apostate, an asshole, and a wide assortment of names and the only thing you could ever call me that would offend me would be if you called me a Jehovah's Witness.

-Rick

Edited by - rmayer32 on 30 June 2002 1:6:0

• professor
    professor

APOSTATE: I am branded with the scarlot A as a stigmata and a warning to my former family and associates. I am now a disease - the walking dead! My shame is whispered about in quiet conversations in the corner of the Hall and in automobiles between return visits. My remains are fed upon by those I have cared for and loved as they gossip about me while feigning solicitude. How could I turn on my brothers and sisters as a traitor? I do not know, for I am posessed. I have become a hideous creature who can only survive on the blood of his next victim, the unwary weaker brother or sister that may fall prey to the sick and disgusting apostate ideas that have infested and eaten my brain.

Other than that, the word doesn't really bother me!

• Undecided
    Undecided

I just don't care anymore, if they want to feel more righteous by calling me names, go for it. I only have an Aunt and a couple of cousins who are JWs, all the rest of my family who were faithful JWs are dead. If they don't like me as one who has seen the light, that is their problem.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit