Does being called an 'apostate' upset you?

by wholewheat 109 Replies latest jw friends

• wholewheat
    wholewheat

Do all of you ex-Jehovah's witnesses get upset when you are called an apostate? You all call each other apostates, so why should you all get upset if I call you apostates? If you don't like being called 'apostate', what title would you prefer?

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I think its like the N word for black people. Its ok for black people to call each other that, but when anyone else does it, it is just different. Its the meaning behind it. From a witness, its an insult. From an apostate, its just what they are :)

• not interested
    not interested

I prefer to be called enlightened, but if you want to call me a apostate go ahead thats the last thing i would be offended by,

as far as people on the board calling eachother apostates i guess its like a black person clling another black person a N-word not a big deal but a white person says it and the chit hits the fan

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

For me, it's an honor.

Only assholes call me apostate...their definition of it defines me as a person with virtue, as opposed to a person with no moral fiber.

ashi

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

For me, I just consider the source. Some dumb brainwashed dub calling me a name actually makes me laugh, but that is me. Little do the morons realize that unless they were born into the dubs, then they too are of the "A" word!

Lew W.

• COMF
    COMF

I'm proud to be called an apostate. Despite its true meaning, among the Watchtower crowd it has come to mean one who rejects and argues against the teachings of the Watchtower. Damn straight, I'm an apostate.

Apostate! Fighter for truth! Exposer of lies! Fingerer of murderers!

Not a title to be taken lightly. Wear it with pride.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Depends on who is calling me one.

Personally, I think I'd also like to be called "Enlightened." Or maybe "Empress Brenda" But for discussion board purposes, outnfree is just fine.

• Solace
    Solace

When we call eachother "Apostates", it is done sarcastically. Kind of like the example Truth seeker gave of Blacks and the "N" word or another may be how many blonds like myself may refer to eachother as "dumb blond" etc. When a group of people are persecuted for one similar reason it is sometimes easy to make light of it amongst eachother. We know that we are all considered "worldly" or "apostates" by J.W.s because many of us, embarrasing as it is to admit, used to do the same thing. Most of us now would never think of actually referring to someone as such because we know how hurtful it is to be labled and shunned. I believe that an Apostate is someone turning away from God. I personally have a strong faith in God. I do not have faith in the W.T.S.

I hope that makes sense.

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

You could call me ANYTHING but a JW and it would'nt bother me.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I'll echo the rest of the sentiment. If an ex-JW calls me an apostate I can laugh at it and we both understand the absurdity of the term. When a JW says it I still laugh but I really feel sorry for them because they have no hold on reality.

gsx1138

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit