How could have Rutherford been a 'drunk'?

by wholewheat 99 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    You would have to show me he was arrested a few times for drunken disorderliness before this particular gossip sticks.

It only happens if you get "caught" mentality.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Gossip and hearsay are powerful weapons easily falling into exageration.

So are dodging questions, limiting and preventing access to the real history, facts and information, and lying, all of which the Governing Body and previous presidents of the WTBTS have engaged in, so as to fool and mislead. You, Reinaa, are engaging in a campaign of minimizing the faults and sins of the Jehovah's Witness and their history. As such, you are an accessory to manipulative psuedo religious liars.

It is not an exaggeration that Rutherford was a bootlegger and alcoholic. It is a fact. Those who expose such things do not exaggerate. You Reinaa minimize it and its implications, as related to Jehovah's Witnesses claim that they are the cleanest, purest, religion. In fact, they have just as much dirty laundry as every other religion.

You would have to show me he was arrested a few times for drunken disorderliness before this particular gossip sticks.

So you're only an alcoholic despot if you get arrested and have a criminal record? You don't get to set the standards of alcoholism here Reinaa just so you can defend the cult you belong to. An alcoholic by definition is someone who has an addiction to alcohol, and who is noticeably drunk to the point where it interferes with work and behavior, both of which is documented in Rutherfords case.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I am an alcoholic and never once been arrested for drunken disorderliness.

Paul

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Wheat - "I have never read that Nixon was a drunk"

Probably too busy trying to keep up your studying and field service.

Kissinger said in an interview that there were occasions where the president was so drunk, the Whitehouse aides had to make excuses as to why he could not talk on the phone to other heads of state.

At the time of one crisis in relations with the USSR Kissinger said he dared not allow the president near the phone in case he made matters worse. If you don't trust the evil internet, go to the library.

You are a typical witness - you want everybody else to find out for you then blithely dismiss what you are told. Rather like ignorant JWs who still claim the earth as we know it is only a few thousand years old.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Wheat - "I have never read that Nixon was a drunk"

Probably too busy trying to keep up your studying and field service.

Kissinger said in an interview that there were occasions where the president was so drunk, the Whitehouse aides had to make excuses as to why he could not talk on the phone to other heads of state.

At the time of one crisis in relations with the USSR Kissinger said he dared not allow the president near the phone in case he made matters worse. If you don't trust the evil internet, go to the library.

You are a typical witness - you want everybody else to find out for you then blithely dismiss what you are told. Rather like ignorant JWs who still claim the earth as we know it is only a few thousand years old.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Leolaia has quoted EYEWITNESS testimony from people who were ACTUALLy there. They tell what they personally SAW.

Eyewitness testimony is not hearsay. By Ren's argument we might as well just throw the eyewitness testimony in the Bible in the bin.

There are none so blind as those forbidden to look.

HB

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Rutherford's Death Certificate.

Bangalore

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I note with interest that his wife did not dwell with him, and that the informant is Bonnie Heath of the same address.

HB

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My brother drinks too much, he's also a 'star' elder here in jacksonville. All of them get together over at my parents or R****'s house and drink almost every night. They get together after the meetings too and drink for hours. This isn't odd in watchtower land.

I knew very few who didn't drink to excess.

I don't hold that against them, I mean lots of people drink to excess! But to deny it is just silly.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa, the defender of troof (la truffa)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit