Where did you look at, at the conventions?

by fulano 41 Replies latest jw friends

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

I would always take my trusty binoculars and have hours of fun with those!

if my best friend was allowed to sit with me we would take it in turns eying up the dishy bro's on the opposite side of the stadium. If we weren't allowed to sit together we would try and engineer it so we sat on opposite sides and she would borrow some binoculars and we would wile the hours away making discreet hand signals to each other across the pitch.

This worked well until you spotted brother High and Mighty sitting two rows behind my friend who just witnessed me giving the finger to my friend through his binoculars. Then word would get back to my parents and my binoculars would be confiscated, only to be used during the drama. Spoilsports!

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Loved the bit with the binoculars! We used to do that, also. It was always fun getting a close up view of your fellow brothers and sisters. I spent the better part of an afternoon session doing that during one assembly...until I happened upon someone staring back at me! LOL!

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

damn!! we weren't fortunate enough to have binoculars, but our conventions weren't that big i guess. most of the time i sat, looking around for people i knew. doodling was always a good time passer too, but had to be careful because mom was always keeping a close eye. we were never allowed to sit with anyone else--what a drag. joanna--how come we never knew each other then??!?! we could have had so much fun!! heehee

beck

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Anywhere at anything other then the platform

-Rick

• Matty
    Matty

Yes, we have reached a consensus here that Binoculars are essential to relieving

I love it when someone is having a notebook conversation in the seats in front of you, you can nosily look at them.

• Matty
    Matty

"coloured" I thought it was un-pc everywhere, not just in the states! Some Elderly white brothers and sisters still say things like "coloured" instead of black, it makes me cringe, but I know they don't mean anything bad. I heard one sister say "deaf and dumb" the other day when describing someone who was deaf-mute.

It's a bit dubious of you fulano just looking covetously just at black sisters. Personally I look at all the sisters covetously no matter what colour!!

Edited by - matty on 29 June 2002 6:27:21

• chester
    chester

Fulano,

I just could not resist posting this joke in response to your comment about the colored sisters.

When I born, I black
    When I grow up, I black
    When I go in sun, I black
    When I cold, I black
    When I scared, I black
    When I sick, I black
    And when I die, I still black.

You white folks......

When you born, you pink
    When you grow up, you white
    When you go in sun, you red
    When you cold, you blue
    When you scared, you yellow
    When you sick, you green
    And when you die, you gray
    So who you callin colored??

• Prisca
    Prisca

The term "dumb" has changed in meaning over the years. It once meant someone who couldn't speak. Now it is a coloquial term, meaning to be stupid. Same as the term "gay" changed over the 20th century.

• Prisca
    Prisca

lol @ Chester's poem....

Just wanted to add, that when I was at the conventions (outdoors) I used to watch the birds flying overhead and wondered if they would poop over anyone in the audience.

I also used to wear sunglasses, so I could sleep behind them, and also watch the brothers without being obvious.

• City Fan
    City Fan

It's amazing how many hours can be spent watching pigeons walking round a football pitch when your well and truly bored. They take off in unison at every loud outburst of applause only to land again seconds later. Hours of fun.

Dad always took his binoculars which were good for one thing only - finding the best totty in the audience and making notes of where they were sitting.

Either way it's 'bird' watching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit