Where did you look at, at the conventions?

by fulano 41 Replies latest jw friends

• fulano
    fulano

Not at the platform.

I always looked around if there were any nice coloured sisters (and I was married and an elder)...

• finnrot
    finnrot

Meetings were boring, door to door was horrible, but conventions were fun for me. My dad and I used to wander around and talk to people and eat.

Back then at the Oakland Coliseum, you used to be able to wander around in the parking lot outside, away from the annoying noise that was coming from the podium in the stadium. That's where they served the food, and it was great. Maybe it just tasted better because we were on the outside, i'm not sure. But I am sure that the cantaloupe with a nice big hunk of vanilla ice cream was one of the best treats that I've ever had in my life.

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

Coloured sisters???

I haven't heard anyone refer to Black people as 'Coloured" since the sixties!

• wasasister
    wasasister

Before they tore it down, there was a huge outdoor arena in Vancouver, BC where many District Converntions were held. It shared the same property with an amusement park (PNE Park). If you happened to be sitting high up on the west side of the stadium, you could both see and hear the big, wooden roller-coaster. I'll never forget hearing the wheels and the screams of happy people whizzing by a few hundred feet from me...waiting impatiently for the lunch break so my friends and I could run over and grab a few rides before the afternoon session.

And the smell of fresh cotton candy was pure torture.....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

At Twickenham the diversion was the constant stream of jetliners flying over, due to it's proximity to Heathrow airport . The game was to decide which foreign airline colour was painted on the tail.

Then those robotised water sprinklers that made their way all by themselves across the grass , or maybe just day dream that you were there to watch a game of football

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

When I was younger, I remember looking around trying to spot the adults who had fallen asleep. There seemed to be on average about four to six for each session. There was also the 'spot the parent about to beat the crap out of their kids' game in which you would see a full-grown adult dragging a child out by one arm, the kid screaming all the way. Truly sad.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Well first I would try to locate all my friends for quick retrevial at lunch time. Then I would look for the hottie men for stalking ease for the rest of the day. Then I would stare at the ceiling...niffty ramps and such up there. mmmm cables. Then I would watch the people with children walking the isles. If one tripped, or was being dragged by it's mother it always made me laugh cuz it wasn't me anymore. The rest of the time was spent makiing faces at the kid sitting in front of me, adjusting my dress and cursing nylons and heels, writing notes to my father about where we were going for dinner after, and then counting how many old people were sleeping in the elderly section, and making wagers on which ones were dead, and which ones probably knew Rutherford.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

99% of the time I avoided the platform and the program altogether.

I would spend my time gawking at the chaste JW females, staring at the ceiling tiles above me, glancing at the animals out in the grass, daydreaming about what I would do when I got home, or making doodles of people around me.

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

i really tried to watch/listen to the program... (but, yes! sometimes too boring too listen too.

god, i've been not only a dumb kid, but a dumb adult too....

• fulano
    fulano

@ Johnson..

I am from Europe ant thought to be nice saying coloured sisters...I meant the black sisters with their nice bodies and smiles.Sorry I am honest at least and at last...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit