??? what would you change ???

by zev 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• garybuss
    garybuss

I would have my son who is ill be well.

gb

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

I would went to college, and tried out for pro football. But guess why I didn't.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

I wish I would have showed my dad more respect growing up. He was not a witness, and he told me to find a job that I could make money and have a retirement, BUT NOOOO, I listen to the elders because my dad was a worldly man who did not appreciate spiritual things, why would you listen to bird food? Now Im trying to make up for it by listening to everything he says

• LB
    LB

Well the JW thing is my biggest regret but of course that's not what you're looking for.

I would have never dropped out of college because I knocked up wife number 1. A huge mistake for me. Life worked out anyway and I did manage to retire early, but, I didn't get to do what I wanted to do.

I managed to play college ball for 4 years regardless but worked full time. I think I have about 100 units of football and only need about 100 more units to get my degree!!! But who cares now. I'm way to lazy to apply myself these days.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I would have found a wife who was honest.

(You didn't say anything about wishing for the impossible, did you?)

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 28 June 2002 20:6:37

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Mine, as with many others' on this thread, necessarily goes back to the dubs. I would have built upon the creativity & zest for life that I once felt, by going to art school, by learning an instrument (scratch that, learning many instruments), by writing, by reading and thinking critically, by listening to my heart instead of my parents' mouths in many respects.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

SOOOOOOO, zev, what's yours?

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

You sound like me Spider. I was going to go to an art college in Seattle but didn't have to because this system of things wasn't going to last past 1995. I really miss the idealism I had until the WTS managed to crush it. My specialty was drawing and writing of which I've lost most of my skills in both.

gsx1138

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

gsx, I hear ya. Lost my skills. How tragic is that?!?
    I spent every free minute for about 8 years teaching myself to draw superheroes, planning to write &
    draw my own comic books, only to find out at Bethel what a "demonic" thing this was and completely 
    reject it. Bleah. That's OK, though, THESE DAYS I'm preparing to draw my own set of TAROT CARDS
    Even though it doesn't come as easily to me as it used to, I'm determined to use what's *mine* 
    to do what's important to *me*!!!
  • eyegirl
    eyegirl

i know we're not supposed to bring the JW thing in, but that's about all i would change. i would make my parents not jw's. that way, our whole family (extended) could be a family. there would be no guilt about talking to someone or backbiting or fighting--UGH!! makes me sick. and if i wasn't allowed to change that, well then, i would wish that my grampa were still alive. i love him dearly, think of him often, and miss him everyday.

beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit