??? what would you change ???

by zev 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• zev
    zev

If you had the power, and ability to change ONE thing in your life, be it a major life changing thing, or a small but significant thing, tell me what and how you would do it, and how it actually was, and how it would be different after the change. please don't include JW'ism as that's something we would all want to change if you tell me yours, i'll tell you mine thanks, zev

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

thats easy....

I would have started learning guitar in my teen years.

Not that its too late now but the extra years I feel would have benefitted me.

Spice

• dobby
    dobby

I wish I had my degree. I wish I would have gone to college after high school instead of pioneering.

I have yet to start college, hopefully next year. I think I would be making more money if had my degree. I think too, if I had gone to college I would have been able to examine different career opportunities, possibly discovered my talents, abilities and interests at an earlier age and have a career that I love not just like (which is where I am now).

Thankfully, this is something I can still do, but it would be nice to have it behind me.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Same as dobby, my lack of a college degree. Just one more thing the borg screwed up in my life. But I'm working on it.

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

That's an easy one. It's a major.

What a difference it would have made in everything we need to learn in life: how to make good decisions, handle relationships, financial management, find & keep a good job, buy a car or home, how to keep from learning all your lessons the 'hard way' and possibly save yourself grief & guilt over screwing up so many times along the way.

I'd love to have found my mother. Or even my father. Foster homes & orphange upbringing are certainly no replacement for the true guidance & direction, not to mention the love, loyalty & attachment, one gets from a real family.

When the one person who is to love you & care for you from the beginning does not, your entire life lacks direction. Adding to it, the JWs will never know what pain & grief they cause by their shunning tactics.

• lady 45
    lady 45

what i would have change: finishing school my mother took me out to care for her home and babysetting at an early age
    and to find my father, i had the mother but never knew my father...
    lady 45

• SYN
    SYN

Wish I could have started programming at age 6 instead of age 16!

• peachypoof
    peachypoof

Hard Question To Ask!!!!!!!!!!!

I would, after great contemplation , have changed the following:

Never let any man tell me I could not go to school and finish my degree! I would have gotten that degree!

Never let anyone be so in control of my life........that I couldn't breath! Control is not the way 2 people should have a relationship!

Never let anyone tell me I can't stand on my own two feet! Cause they are nuts! I can and am doing a great job at it!

Never let anyone stop me from being successful! Cause I can be real good at it! Ask my boss!!

Finally, Never have any more negativity in my life! Drags you down......too far! Six feet under isn't so far down after all! Then again 6 feet up isn't so far away either!

Contemplation complete..............

what do u think?

huggles

Peachypoof

Edited by - peachypoof on 28 June 2002 15:50:52

• Carmel
    Carmel

I would have never invested in that dam tech stock so heavily!!

carmel

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Tough one for me. I would have gone to College right out of HS instead of waiting for so long.

Personality wise. I wish I could get rid of my procrastination problem. I would elaborate but I'll save it for later..

gsx1138

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit