why waste time?

by lucidentity 73 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

here is You Know explaining away why he is allowed to disregard the FDS the mouth pc of god

James

#############

While YouKnow defends the Watchtower Society, he does not consider himself subject to their ecclesiastical authority:

quote:

YouKnow also confirms this contractual agreement to abide by the ecclesiastical authority of Jehovahs Witnesses:
    quote:

When you became one of Jehovah's Witnesses you had to meet certain qualifications. You didn't just walk in off the street and say you were a Witness. You had to become approved. You agreed to live by Christian morals and you also accepted the consequences of being disapproved by the congregation if ever you flagrantly violated the Bible's standard. You also agreed to accept the authority of the Watchtower Society to establish what was going to be taught as official doctrine within the congregation. You acknowledged as well the authority of the older men within the congregation and you agreed to be submissive to them. If now you no longer agree to any of those tenets of your faith you are no longer qualified to be one of Jehovah's Witness. And just as you had to originally be accepted and approved by the congregation in order to qualify as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you can also be disapproved and judged as unfit to be associated and recognized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. / You Know
    [bolding mine]

Stated more accurately, "You agreed to live by Christian morals as currently defined by the Watchtower Society and you also accepted the consequences of being disapproved by the congregation if ever you flagrantly violated the Bibles standard as currently interpreted by the Watchtower Society" Following ones Bible-trained Christian conscience is not enough; one must adhere to the Societys interpretation of the Bible and current rules to avoid being disfellowshipped.
    This contract presents problems when ones conscience conflicts with the Societys current teaching. YouKnow is currently facing this dilemma. He questions the Societys involvement with the United Nations as an NGO but dares not speak out in his congregation. Here are some of his comments from the thread, "A Watchtower Society lie for UN association":
    quote:

I am more convinced than ever that Jehovah's judgments are going to lay the Watchtower low and that only the faithful, those who really do love the truth and actually have faith in Jehovah, will survive the purge and eventually be restored to his favor. . . .
    There is no question but that what the organization needs is a house cleaning, beginning with the house of God, otherwise know as Bethel. Jehovah is in a perfect position to do just that. . . .
    I have no interest in the petty power politics that undoubtedly go on at Bethel. Human nature naturally stratifies any organization into progressive and conservative factions. You can see that in the local congregational level and I am sure it exists at the top of the organization. . . . The only thing I am concerned with is Jehovah's will and word. That's why I am content to do my thing and let them do theirs knowing that Jehovah will do his thing in due time. And indeed, his work is strange as Isaiah testifies. At some point the brothers will realize that the sheet is too short for covering themselves with, then they will have no choice but to sit down and re-read the Bible and jetison a lot of the stuff that we have been saddled with.
    The only person I have spoken to about the UN scandal is my wife. I hope that I can keep my mouth shut and not disturb my brothers with this thing. . . . Really, the Bible says that it is beauty to cover over transgression. So, I really don't want to call attention to the scandal. It's a shameful thing in my opinion. Its disgraceful. . . .
    The Watchtower probably isn't going to be the agency through which those answers come during the crunch time. I think I might be in a position in the future to redirect the loyal ones more succesfully into the truth.

So while YouKnow points out that all baptized Jehovahs Witnesses have agreed to submit to the doctrinal authority of the Society, he quietly disregards their authority and does his own thing, speculating about a time in the future when he might repudiate their doctrinal authority completely. YouKnow values his dedication to Jehovah more highly than submission to an organization. Admirable as this attitude is, still, under the Watchtower contract, this is grounds for disfellowshipping.
    from
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=15500&site=3&page=2
  • gravedancer
    gravedancer
    I agree that 1975 issue and all that, but you should not be in the truth for that, you should be there to worship Jehovah...not to receive some great award etc.

Big question: How do you KNOW its the TRUTH....can you prove it?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I think we here need to bullshit with people who can understand an inside joke about assemblies and not look at us like we're martians.

I have almost no friends who are ex-jw's outside of this board. My ex-jw to non-jw friends is about 50%-50%.

If you just want to talk about anything, lucid, just gimme a buzz at

[email protected]

I think some of us want revenge for terrible wrongs, others just want to poke fun, some are severely wounded at having their trust broken for 10-20-30-50 years.

We're all entitled to our therapy.

ashi

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

Hey..gravedancer....interesting name...a touch morbid maybe, but who am I to say?

Prove to me that is's not the ' truth '....Folks , I appreciate your responses, in all sincerity I do, and I will in the next day or so, when I am less busy in work , write a detailed account with which I would love some varied input on !

See you all in a day or two....!

' I want to resign.....I dont want to be a member of any club that accepts me as a member ..'

>Groucho Marx< ...Come on you fighter !!!

Come on England!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit