why waste time?

by lucidentity 73 Replies latest jw friends

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

So what you people are saying is that you dont believe a single word the the JW's say........nothing..nadda.

Not even the signs in Matthew , not Armaggeddon, or anything?

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

Because I am curious....one day I will get my head around the truth and be able worship Jehovah as I was raised.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Edited so I am not viewed as mean!

Edited by - SpiceItUp on 25 June 2002 10:35:40

Edited by - SpiceItUp on 25 June 2002 11:9:11

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

You are wrong on that spice.... and it is wrong of you to just Judge and make a descision like that. I am new to this although I have been reading posts for some weeks now................I still believe what I was taught yes, but I am not here to preach otr make fun of you or anyone..

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I find your last question weird. Here's my answer. A person can still believe in the Bible and not JW's. They are not the same, even though JW's would like to think so . Actually they feel the Watchtower is more important than the Bible.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

If you felt I was judging you then I am sorry. I posted a response to you and did not get any input on it from you at all. It seemed to me that maybe you weren't interested in our answers but only in getting us on the defense (unfortunately...I still have a tendency to do when I feel that my honesty has been questioned) and these are tactics used by the mebers I mentioned.

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

sorry about the lack of input on your response.....I agree , it is a good thing to agree to disagree, but there are some fundamental beliefs that hold weight the world over...maybe the JW's are wrong on some things, but I think that God will intervene in a mighty way, I do believe we were created, and OK alot of you may still believe this, but I think that you cant do it on your own and be saved, what about the preaching work etc? they are commands from the bible....do you follow that one?

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Lucid,

Not even the signs in Matthew , not Armaggeddon, or anything?

Just about everything the Faithful Slave has ever said has later been changed because it never happened, beginning with Russell to the present. And you still believe it is the "Truth"?

Please name one prediction or prophecy that they expounded that is fulfilled. ?????

Take your best shot.

Ken P.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Lucid, it can't be the truth if you have issues with it can you?

Maybe you can, but for me I did, and do believe some things in the bible, however there were so many things that didn't jive with what I was reading that I didn't think it was fair for them to be passing down the rules to me, and that if it is going to claim to be the "truth" it better be something I can agree to 100%.

I couldn't, so I left. How you rationalize it, and how you come to terms with it is your business, but I don't think it's fair to say that people who choose to come here for whatever reasons are wasting their time. If it is a waste of time to you, that is your opinion.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

This is one part therapy and two parts friendship. Not only do we need support when we leave, but many of us who were once wholeheartedly in the "truth" have no friends when we decide to leave. The site is a great way to help me readjust to the real world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit