why waste time?

by lucidentity 73 Replies latest jw friends

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

If everyone here , or nearly everyone here does not believe the JW's then why waste your time going onto these websites. When everyone leaves the truth they automaticaly go to JW websites....why? If you no longer believe it why waste your time?

What is the point in doing it....it is as if you are trying to disprove it , yet more than likely you still believe it but for some reason are in denial. I still believe it , yet I am inactive as I cant conform to the rigidty of it all.....hypocrite..I don't know....I dont go to meetings , yet I would like to be able to be strong enough to put my heart and soul into it............who knows

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp
    If you no longer believe it why waste your time?

Have you even looked at any of the threads here. I would say about 95% here that post are XJWs that need others to talk to so we all know that we aren't alone and that we did make the right decision. Look around and you will see that we aren't "wasting" our time.

Spice

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

I cannot speak for everyone who visits this board. I can tell you that I am NOT here to disprove anyone else's belief system, and if fact, I avoid posts that look to tear down, as i don't find such helpful. I was curious about some things that I had been taught as a JW. As you know, our reading material as JWs was confined to those things published only by the society. I wanted scholarly approaches to issues. And I have found many. Also, I have found that others share my feelings of confusion as I face life as a freethinking adult. I no longer have ALL the answers. I no longer feel handpicked by God as one of an elite chosen few. I also hope my presence here can be a source of comfort and reassurance to others, like yourself who feel needless and harmful guilt. You sound young. You sound curious. Take advantage of both! HbH

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

You say that the society is imperfect men yadda, yadda, but so are the 'intelligent scholars' your proffessors etc, they are all just feeding you there thoughts, there ideas and notions....a lot of people will follow that and not the bible......crazy

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I totally agree with HBH. For me it is more of a place of support for those who left. Those that are trying to DISPROVE something, while I find some posts interesting and worth consideration, most I find to just be blowing smoke, over emotional, and overracting. Like everything you have to sift through and find what matters to you.

I don't try to change anyones views because I don't like it when people try to change my views. I am just here to gather information, and share anything I have. I am sharing, not changing. Big difference.

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Lucidentity,

Welcome to the board! I'd like to say that it's not a waste of time to find people who've been through similar experiences when trying to leave the jw's. Because they use brain control methods to control everything about your life that they can, it takes deprogramming methods in order to let go. And what you've found here is a site filled with a variety of people--jw's, ex-jw's, non-jw's, mates of jw's, children of ....and so on and so on. There are people here who are skilled at helping others get out of the organization, and one of the first steps is being able to talk about what you've been through or are going through right now.

I hope that you find this place to be as helpful as I have. It has helped me to get over my feelings of guilt, anger, hatred, etc. over having been deceived. I have found that we seem to go through stages, and invariably you'll find someone in a similar place as yourself. Some are new with questions (like yourself), some still believe in the belief system but not the organization itself , some have totally new belief systems, and many other variations.

This board does represent what the "real world" is like, and you may be offended at times because things may not be up to your "moral" code. However, I hope that you're able to realize that YOU choose what you wish to read, and if something offends you, it's also YOUR choice to not read more. Part of growing is realizing that not everyone is/will be like us, and that we can discuss and argue as adults.

That said, have a great time--there's a lot of great people to be found here! I hope you make some new friends, and maybe even meet some in person some day. Hope to see your posts eventually!

Becky

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

The difference lucid is that prof. don't claim to be THE VOICE OF GOD, and his earthly organization. They realize they are fallible. For the most part, professors don't have throngs of people giving money, their children, their time, devotion, and lives to them. I realize that the men in the organization are imperfect. I just wish they would realize it too! There is a lot of danger in speaking for God, especially when so many people are involved.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

lucid...---I interpreted HBH message to be that you have to look at the BIG picture not just what the WTS feeds you. Learn..become informed....make your own decision...think for yourself....read the bible and interpret it yourself..don't just take anybody's word on anything....this includes the WTS and the scholars. You will find if you look around that we all don't agree on everything...but thats the beauty of it..we still all respect each other to disagree.....and share.

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

Hey Beck....I notice that you are from US but you used the word 'mates' in your post....are you fromUK originaly or Austrailia ?...just curious

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Who says we base all our opinions on professors and scholars? Many of us here still read and believe the Bible, not neccessarily imperfect men.

Most of us are here as sort of a support group setting. We believe that we were once members of a harmful cult and are now trying to readjust our lives.

May I ask a question of you though? Why are you here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit