YK....

by VioletAnai 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Yer not doing too badly there my friend. I was a little perplexed as to answers, but you seem to be handling it quite well.

Just some encouragement for you to please keep it up. We all need to be reminded of both sides of the story.

Luv Vi.

Violet,

What exactly do you perceive him to be handling well? Judging others? Defaming others, the way he did Ray Franz (e.g. when he called Ray Franz "lawless" but was unable to recall any illegal conduct on Mr. Franz' part)?

As for you, what's your game here? Oingo Boingo had a song for it during the 1980s: "Who do you want to be today, who do you want to be?" Who do you want to be today an apostate or just another slave? LOL

edited to correct spelling error i before e except after c doh!

Edited by - 144001 on 24 June 2002 23:13:23

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I find YK to be handling himself rather well in response to the questions. I make no comment on his defamation, that is his decision.

And I'm here to get answers just as the majority. I shall explain myself no longer....past posts do that.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

of course you believe YK is handling himself rather well, violet-anus...he's lying through his teeth just like he always does.

11. Since the WTS claims "apostolic succession", can it trace its roots all the way back to Christ (Mt 16:18)? If so, who was it that "passed the torch of God's spirit" to C. T. Russell when he founded the organization? What was the name of this individual or individuals?

YK: NO, watchtower does not claim 'apostolic succession".

A lie. watchtower does claim the 'unbroken line of servants from the apostles down to today." Another word for this is 'apostolic succession' they do not use the term but they teach this doctirne.

12. The NWT translates Jn 1:1 as "... and the Word was WITH God, and the word was a god." How can the Word (Jesus) be "a god' if God says in Deut 32:39, "See now that I -- I am he, and there are NO gods together with me..."?

YK: Jesus is not a god in his own right, he is a god becasue Jehovah God made him such.

This is not the question that was asked. The question revovles around the fact that for Watchtower to add the article 'a' to this phrase forces the scripture to contradict other scriptures. YK restated the problem in a different format, but still the insertion of "a" is still a mistranslation. YK doesn't actually say otherwise.

13. The WTS teaches that the 144,000 of Rev 7:4 is to be taken literally. If chapter 7 of Revelation is to be taken literally, where then does the Bible say that the 144,000 will come from? See Rev 7: 5-8.

YK:from the twelve tribes of spiritual Israel. This doesn't answer the question. "From every tribe and people and nation and tongue" would put the number far far above a literal 144,000.

15. If there is no conscious awareness after death, how could the "spirits in prison", who lived during the time of Noah, be preached to by Christ after His death (I Pet 3:18-20) and how could the good news be "declared even unto the dead" (I Pet 4:5-6)?

YK: Thats simply not true. The basic doctrines that were originally discovered and established by the Watchtower's Founder are still the core of our teaching

This is a blatant and flagrant lie. Russell stole every single teaching from Second/Seventh Day Adventism. He discovered nothing, except a better way to sell books.

15. If there is no conscious awareness after death, how could the "spirits in prison", who lived during the time of Noah, be preached to by Christ after His death (I Pet 3:18-20) and how could the good news be "declared even unto the dead" (I Pet 4:5-6)?

YK: you were at one time dead in your tresspasses, but now you have been made alive". Jesus similarly said "let the dead bury their dead," meaning that those who didn't follow Christ were dead from God's standpoint.

YK attributes this meaning to the statement of Jesus about 'not being a Christian being a dead person in God's eyes' with no authority whatsoever. Paul's statement was specifically about TRESPASSES; what 'sin' did the young man and/or his father/family commit that they were 'dead' in this sense.

16. Since the WTS has received "new light" regarding the 1914 generation, and completely changed their views on this, does this mean that all the former Witnesses who were disfellowshipped years ago for the same view the organization is now teaching will automatically be accepted back into fellowship again? Were these ex-Witnesses in fact disfellowshipped for what is now taught as "the Truth"?

YK: I have never heard of anyone being disfellowshipped for such a thing. Lying sack of sh*t. There are threads posted here on this board on such individuals and YK has posted ON THEM, LIAR LIAR LIAR. How can you not have heard of them?

17. If there are 144,000 spirit anointed people who have a heavenly hope, and a great crowd of people who have another hope of everlasting life on paradise earth, why does Paul say that there is only ONE hope (Eph 4:4), instead of two?

YK: "He raised US up together and seated us together in the heavenly places in union with Christ." Notice that Paul refers to them as already occupying a heavenly place even though they are physically still upon the earth. That definitely establishes a distinction between the earthly and heavenly hope.

This is a classic example of circular reasoning. There must be two hopes becasue Paul says there is one hope, and if there is one hope for heavenlybound persons here on earth, there must be two hopes...YK is HOPELESS hopeless.

18. ...Do you really think that Jesus would have chosen an organization which taught so many things that were not correct according to "current" WTS teachings and are no longer taught as "the truth"?

YK: Succinctly, the answer to your question is yes. Regardless of who you think Gods people are the fact is, whoever they are, from God's standpoint they are in need of cleansing and refining due to their error. Isaiah becomes even more graphic and says that at some point, those who are his witnesses will come to view their own teachings as if they were a womans menstrual cloth so as to discard them.

YK didn't finish the Malachi's point. God's so-called people were going to be permanently DESTROYED. FOREVER. Jesus said the temple was going to be thrown down, and it was. Disengenuity at its best.

So yes, Violet-anus, this is right up your alley. Absolutely you would encourage YK to make stupid statements such as 'the vast majority of disfellowshipings are for immorality" and that apostates disagree on "not some insignificant aspects of our teachings' which is what YK is trying to say that Watchtower has never wavered on significant teachings..WHICH HE KNOWS TO BE A LIE..

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

What IS that REVOLTING smell? Smells like....shite.....yes, yes shite, keep doing what you do best.....full of shite......

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

No, violet-anus,you do what YOU do best. keep acting like a moron and lose ONE by ONE by ONE every supporter you have manged to garner here. Just keep it up.

When you behave like a total dipsh*t and people here treat you the way you deserve to be treated, then you go and cry "persecution" JUST LIKE JW's do.

BALONEY. You treat us like crap here, like your personal punching bag, how DARE you whine you were mistreated. LIAR!!!

You just CANNOT seem to go more than a couple of threads without showing your true colors. Just like your dear friend YK you have nothing but contempt and derision for rape and molestation survivors, and THAT's what you get taken to task for around here, NOT your RELIGION which I never cared sh**s about and still don't.

Now show some respect for these people, or get used to Dungbeetle getting in your face all the time.

And by the way, i was one of your biggest supporters when you first came to the board, you ruined THAT didn't you. I WAS a big supporter and advocate for You Know, and in many ways I still am....but that's changing too. Two peas in a pod, aaaahhhh yes....the light shines forth.

It's time for your nappy.

• Grout
    Grout

Violet, you're losing.

Just FYI.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Grout:
    Au contraire, mon ami.
    She lost!

Dung:
    Nice summation, but your formatting sucks
    Keep up the good work.

• Matty
    Matty

I think this insulting stuff is just very sad, can't we just get along? Sure I think You Know is a pain, however you don't have to read his posts if you don't want to.

I appreciate how angry we are at how we have been treated by the Watchtower society. Personally speaking, it has destroyed my life, no ifs or buts. However, I seriously don't think that you will get a Witness to see their religion for what it is just by flinging insults at them, you are more likely to send a doubting person back to the cosy comatose world of the Kingdom Hall.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Violet,

I agree with you that YK aquits himelf well in providing replies to the 65 questions, whether one accepts his reasoning or not. If no-one replies then it is said there is no answer to the questions and when YK replies he is castigated.

On the other hand, he is a guest on this board as we all are and he sometimes seems to deliberately wind up his detractors. He does himself no favours in that respect.

Earnest

Edited by - Earnest on 25 June 2002 6:3:8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit