Why would anyone want to join jovie world?

by Doltologist 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tazemanian-devil
    Tazemanian-devil
    I like the name Jovie World. Yes it's belittling. But so is the made up word "Jehovah".
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Tazmanian-Devil

I like the name Jovie World. Yes it's belittling. But so is the made up word "Jehovah".

You say yahweh, I say my way

You say yahweh, I say no way

You say yahweh, I say Yahoo

You say ....

And yes, we should call the whole thing off.

• dozy
    dozy

It also baffles me why middle class young women seek to give up their free , comfortable lives in the West and join Islamic State. People get seduced , hoodwinked - looking for something better. Superficially who wouldn't want to live forever in a paradise earth with the end of all suffering etc. And most JWs are quite nice people ( but by no means all ) so the sense of community is strong & appeals especially to the lonely people in the "world".

The one thing I would add is that in 40 years as a JW I hardly ever saw anyone become converted through the door-to-door work. The few adults who did join up and become baptised invariably had some family connection with JWs or had "fallen away" as a child & reconnected. Or occasionally a UBM would come in. The very few who had no connections at all & became JWs were usually , being charitable , "challenging" people often with major personal issues.

I'm convinced that my parents ( who became JWs in the 50's ) would never have become JWs now. With a simple Google search they would quickly have seen the religion for what it was and stopped their study.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    It amazes me how people are so easily offended by terms like Jovie world and religitard. The truth is we should all be offended by damage done by religious ideology and especially that inflicted by high control groups like JW's.
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Cantleave

It amazes me how people are so easily offended by terms like Jovie world and religitard.

Yes, particularly as they can also choose not to be offended.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

HM-TM

Good answer!

Good question!

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Cantleave

It amazes me how people are so easily offended by terms like Jovie world and religitard.

What puzzles me is that they believe in some sky wizard nonsense and disrespect Mankind and then get all uptight when people refer to them as jovies. What do they expect?

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Tazemanian-Devil

My apologies, I spelt your name wrongly earlier.

It's not just the name 'jehovah' that they made up. If it was only the name, then there would be no issue. It's what came with it ...

How can Man be so stupid?

• talesin
    talesin

To the OP, I don't get it, either~! Which is why I don't have any contact with them. Zip, nil, nada!

And, haha, jovie world, gotta like that one, I will have to tell my roomie! I call them JoHo's, which I have EARNED the RIGHT to call them whatever I please, and so have you.

xx

tal :sunglasses:

*Ex-JoHo, and born in Jovie World class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit