Why would anyone want to join jovie world?

by Doltologist 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    do you have a problem with spelling?
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Ucantnome

Nope.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Doltologist, I suggest that atheists write up a whole new vocabulary.

I recently heard Neil Tyson at the American Museum of Natural History Department of Astrophysics- multiple times use terms which are originally associated with creation in reference to the universe and the solar system.

Evolution has no mind, it has no intent, it has no end game, it has no intended solutions.

Tyson needs to invent a different vocabulary for his atheism. So should you.

Frank

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

HM-TM

And perhaps religtards should learn some logic which is factually based instead of trying to thrust superstitious nonsense on the world.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Doltologist, "Religtards" a new derogatory term. Who does that apply to? All who believe in God?
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I have relatives who are doctors and belong to a church.
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

HT-TM

Doltologist, "Religtards" a new derogatory term. Who does that apply to? All who believe in God?

Yup.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

LisaRose

Are you still in?

Also, we now have the internet and, thank goodness, forums such as this one. Why do you think people still join jovie world?

No, I have been out for a long time, but I was in for thirty years

You need to stop using that term, it's insulting to use a derogatory name that is not known or used in the JW world or the ex JW world. You can call us JW, Ex JW or dubs or ex dubs.

I don't know why anyone would join these days, but I think their message does appeal to people who are looking for answers to life's difficult problems, as it seems to present a solution. They say don't worry about death, disease and the bad in the world, Jehovah is going to fix all that, if you just do what we say. They sometimes get people who are going through a difficult life event or crisis. At first it can seem very appealing, promises of an idyllic life on the earth.

The problem is it's a cult that uses mind control techniques to keep people enslaved. I know it's hard for people to understand if they haven't been through it, but the people that join are not stupid, just maybe naive and idealistic. Once they have you they keep you by constant reinforcement. That is why they have to go to four hours of meetings a week, plus door to door work.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Ucantnome

I have relatives who are doctors and belong to a church.

Josef Mengele had doctorates in Anthropology and Medicine from Munich University. It is also thought that christards helped to smuggle him out of Germany to South America.

And ... what's your point?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    1. My relatives are intelligent people with responsible jobs not religtards
    2. is this a word in the dictionary or something you made up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit