Identity of 'Spiritual Israel'

by Jr 117 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jr
    Jr

In order to qualify as “ Spiritual Israel” there has to be certain fundamental characteristics or basic truths. These basic truths are revealed in the “Law covenant” given by Moses. And can be traced down from the nation of Israel, down through the 1st century congregation, and further down until our day and time. These basic truths have survived for centuries.

Upon examination of the historical facts, that these fundamental truths have been maintained by small Christian groups down through the years, since the 1st century. The “Spiritual Israel” that the bible speaks of in the last days, according to prophecy, has to meet certain criteria. Here are three that must be met by “Modern day Israel”:

1) Called by God’s Personal Name

2) Monotheistic (one God concept)

3) Iconoclastic (no images in worship)

These must be reflected in any group that might qualify as “Modern day Israel”. As you can see, there are not that many choices. Yes, I see scriptural support to show JWs as the nation of “Israel”, “Modern day Israel”. That is a serious statement considering what responsibility goes with carrying that name. But, I would like to stretch your thirst for truth a bit if I may.

JR

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Hi JR,
    With all due respect, I just don't buy the whole concept of "Spiritual" Israel.
    Good well thought out post though.

• logical
    logical

Jehovah's nation is also referred to in the Bible as a vineyard. Isaiah 5:1-7 and Matthew 21:33-45 are two examples.

Vineyards in Biblical times involved a lot of maintenance. Harper's Bible Dictionary states:

quote:
    Vineyards required long term intensive care. The soil was first dug and cleared of stones and a wall (or hedge) erected to discourage predatore (Ps 80:12-13). A watchtower and wine-vat completed this installation, with a booth for lodging during the harvest. Vines required heave annual pruning, hoeing, thinning and support of fruit clusters, and sometimes irrigation. Intensive labour heightened expectations of the harvest and made loss of the vintage a bitter dissapointment

And, an additional comment about the "watchtower" states:

quote:
    In addition to the military function of towers, farmers built small watchtowers in fields and vineyards. These towers provided elevated positions from which fields were guarded; the ground floor of such structures served as living quaters for fieldworkers or guards, since ripening crops had to be guarded day and night

Certainly, if someone worked so hard and made such preparations, it would be a "bitter dissapointment" to recieve only "bad fruit" or worthless grapes during "harvest" time.

The account in Isaiah 5:1-7 shows Jehovah has made every material asset available to facilitate production of the desired fruit. As mentioned in verse 2, He has 'dug out a winepress'. The grapes do not need to be transported to any other location, but can be trampled, or crushed right there in the vineyard. Everything is convinent.

Jehovah has "cleared stones" from their path

He has removed "stones" or political blockades. stumbling blocks such as man-made laws, city and governmental ordinances, yes legal restrictions, that are designed to hinder their activity and growth as a people or "vineyard". It cannot be denied that the Witnesses have become famous over the years for fighting and winning cases in the Supreme Court, on the flag salute, blood transfusions, exemptions from military service, etc.

Jehovah has provided a "Watchtower" for the Vineyard

Jehovah has also provided a point of lookout, a "Watchtower" which every "vineyard" needs, to help alert his people of possible dangers seen far off in the distance. Also the "watchtower" can serve as living quaters for these "watchmen". These watchmen who have opportunity to reside at the "Watchtower" lookout point, or at the headquaters in Brooklyn New York, should be utilising their time to study the Bible and make good use of the books and information to edify the congregation.

They should also be alerting the brothers, keeping them on the watch by way of their own constant personal Bible study and instruction, seeing that their every material concern is taken care of there.

Who is really taking care of these watchmen? It is no other than Jehovah God, owner of the "vineyard".

Jehovah has "planted it with the choicest vines"

Some of the facilities provided to the WTS as "cultivators" of Jehovah's Vineyard could truly be said to be the "choicest vines" to enhance the process of the "fruit" of the vine. For example, Jehovah has provided money for their use in abundance, MILLIONS of dollars DAILY, Further they have the latest in computer technology. In fact, ONLY the JW's have devised the MEPS system for simultaneous world-wide production of Bible literature.

So we can see, that Jehovah has indeed provided for His people, His vineyard.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Coolbreeze! Lord man, with that haircut, it's no wonder you weren't receptive to the pure language of truth as set forth by an unpaid (in dollars) representative of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. I do believe that satan must have used the internet to build a nest in that hair of yours.

ps. with that beard, you'll never get to run the mikes

• larc
    larc

Coolbreeze,

I'm with you on this one. I don't buy the concept of a "Spiritual" Israel either. It is just another theory put forth by imperpect men. Just another wispy idea with no empirical support.

• logical
    logical

larc

but there is plenty of scriptural support

• larc
    larc

Logical,

but there is no scriptural support.

• logical
    logical

You must have trouble reading long words. scroll up. I have yet to see you refute the actual text of Jr and my posts. (longest word is 7 letters long, 3 of them, hope thats ok for you)

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Hey logial and jr,

Did a bit of quick reaserch, and still can't find anything about "SPIRITUAL" israel. All I see is is Jah's promise to the jews. Jesus will reclaim the throne of david as the king of the jews (read the restored nation of Israel). I'm not trying to change anyones mind, I'm not an evangalist. I'm just stating my own personal beliefs, not trying to dipute yours. i could be wrong, or you could be wrong, only Jehovah knows the truth. I just don't want to put my personal salvation and heavenly hope on the line for the ever changing interpritations of a bunch of old men in Brooklyn.

Ciao,
    Anton

• larc
    larc

Logical,

None of the scriputures you quote say that there is a spiritual Israel. That is your fallible, human, imperfect conclusion and theory building which creats a tenuous philosphy of man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit