What makes you smile?

by WildTurkey 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Kids...all kids,but mine especially.When they're doing something cute,but best of all their smiles when they accomplish something.They make life worthwhile.

My friends...(That's you guys,btw...Including you Wild and Lyin and so many more that i won't mention cause I don't wanna type that much)

My cows...I know some of you might not understand,but that's my accomplishment.A set of good baby calves playing...that can make me smile.Winning shows makes me smile.too.

Nature...I love nature;wide open prairies,mountains,deserts...Sunshine,thunderstorms...

music,dancing,nice pickups,cold beer....lol.I'd better stop there.

Cowboy

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Not much, these days.

• jst_me
    jst_me

When my son (who is almost 13) giggles, that make me smile.

That my 15-year old knows all the words to anything by Janis Joplin, the Doors, and that Creedence is her favorite band makes me smile.

That both of them are very socially aware...and that they use their young voices to challenge teachers and the like....that makes me very happy (how could I have ever started to raise them as JWs?)

Seeing the water.

When the guy I see does something dorky and sweet for me....that makes me smile.

Watching my son and my guy and his friends play X-box together makes me smile alot ( they are all on the same level!! HAHA)

• Matty
    Matty

((((((HomebutHiding))))))

Aww! Bless you! To be honest, I struggle to think of things that makes me smile at the moment, I have more than an inkling on how you must feel right now.

But we're all in it together, and can give each other support when we feel stressed out. Never hold back from venting here!

• Mulan
    Mulan

What makes me smile?

1. Princess' son runs to me with open arms and a big grin yelling "Grandma!!"

2. My second son's little boy (3 years) calls me 'new' grandma, and gives me spontaneous hugs. I guess he is contrasting me with his other grandma.........'old' grandma? We are the same age.

3. Watching Princess' daughter dance in her recital. Seeing her all dressed up in princess outfits, climbing the tree house, and getting on the tire swing. Watching all her little friends run around the backyard in her princess dresses, at her birthday party, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, a bride, Ariel, etc. Great sight! The delight on her face when she sees the birthday cake I bought for her party (a Barbie doll inside a cake, so it looked like a ball gown on Barbie).

4. Hearing that my eldest grandson (7) begs to come see me, and his baby brother (19 months) starts squealing when they drive onto our street because he knows he's coming to our house.

5. Thinking about what a great family I have, including my 4 adult kids, their mates, and children. It's a great life!!

• animal
    animal

What hard questions you ask, dude..... I am told I dont smile. My smile is hidden by two things.... a beard, and years of hard living where one just doesnt smile for fear that someone may think you are nice.

BUT... since some major regrouping, I have learned to enjoy things, and I smile on the inside. I even get this wierd lump sometimes that makes me blink and cough, even tears my eyes. It is a wierd thing that never happened till recently. Some triggers to this are:

1. Watching either of my kids while they are involved in a school thing (choir, band, sports, etc)

2. Being complimented by them for being "nice" to them.

3. Having someone tell me what nice kids I have.

4. Watching my kids figure out something by making a good decision.

5. Trusting my kids.

I spent the majority of thier young lives being on the road working, or on the rode riding Harleys "with the guys". This all changed after an 8 month stint away from them last year, while we were moving to AZ. That wont happen again, but it was a good thing..... made me reprioritize. Now, we spend loads of time here, together... and I like it.

Sorry for rambling...

Animal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit