What makes you smile?

by WildTurkey 45 Replies latest jw friends

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

What brings a smile to your face? I cant help but smile when my wife laughs, or when my kids play outside. I also smile when my boy, who is 15 wants to talk to me. God , there is so much in this world that makes us sad, so much in our past that hurts, so tell me some of the things that makes you smile. Oh by the way, it makes me smile when folks reply to my thread. lol

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

My daughter's smile, her sweet sleeping face, or hearing her breath while she sleeps.

The laughter of children.

A musical piece that goes beyond words and touches my soul.

The way the sunlight beams through the trees and sparse clouds after a summer shower.

When I can help other people or brighten thier day.

Kisses,

Moe

Edited by - MrMoe on 17 June 2002 10:44:38

• larc
    larc

Wild Turkey, the kinds of things you mentioned and something new in our lives. Three weeks ago, by daughter brought us two kittens. (We had talked about it for a long time, but were putting it off.) Glad we got this nice gift from my daughter. It gives me a grin, watching them chase each other, and run around the house, then curl up together and take a nap, sometimes right next to me on the couch.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

The simple things make me smile. My kitten is a top reason I smile (hes so darn cute when he is not bitingme..lol). Music makes me smile...as well as creating music. Writing makes me smile. Smiling makes me smile

Not to mention .....err.....well.....you know..... makes me smile

Spice

PS - I posted so WT can smile

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I just read all your posts and smiled.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I have been planning our family vacation in July. I used a plain white sheet of paper to write down our initial intinerary, which was left by the computer. This morning under the list my 5 year old son wrote a few words in his LARGE print.

I

L

OVE

Y

O

U

M

O

M

Andee

• blindfool
    blindfool

Summer time makes me smile. Playing ball with my kids, even when they beat me. Being with my family. Getting a new customer or a big order at work. Watching my 8 year old catch fish. Watching my 16 year old water ski or wake board (it looks like it takes no effort at all for him). Watching my middle son pitch a baseball or shoot a basketball. When my wife walks by and touches my hand. So many things.

Thanks WT, you gave me a lot to smile about this morning!!!

• zev
    zev

when Gwen smiles, she has SUCH a nice smile, and it always made me melt inside (her smile ALWAYS did that to me) and i cannot help but smile that big huge smile she loves so much, like the picture in my profile.

when i come home from work, she always has a smile for me when she see's me, and no matter how bad my day was and how i feel, it just brightens my world and i feel a whole lot better, and give her a nice smile and a great big hug and kiss

when she tells me how much she loves me, you know i have a huge smile

the nice notes Gwen puts in my lunch sometimes

this weekend, we had my nephew over, and when i dropped him off, my sister said to him, what do you say to uncle? he walked over to me and gave me a hug and wispered "thank you uncle harold" in my ear.

thats just a few of the many reasons i have to smile these days

Edited by - zev on 17 June 2002 15:0:2

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

...to watch my oldest daughter in her first band recital playing her sax

...to hear my youngest daughter singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall while driving in the car

...when my daughters gave me a whole bunch of handmade gifts and cards on father's day

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

-Watching my husband sleep. . . .

-Watching my husband cook. . . .

-Watching my husband clean. . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit