1. Hugs from my grandsons

2. Email from (personal)

3. Being on vacation this week

4. Seeing my rose bushes bloom

5. Seeing my life get better every day out of the JWs

and others I can't readily think of

• SYN
    SYN

Who wouldn't smile when they saw that face?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

You make me smile Denny. This has been a difficult year , full of ups and downs, mainly ups thou. You have stood by me thru so many things , I often wonder why you didnt leave. You are my best friend and I thank you for the life you have made for us. I thank you for our 3 beautiful children , they too , make me smile and laugh everyday. Other things that make me smile:

Looking at my pictures that I love to take , and going back in that very moment of how we were feeling when the picture was taken.

Going to the lake, sitting outside, going for a ride with the kids and the dogs.

Everyone at the dinner table telling me , "Mama that was good , thank you."

Feeling like a teenager and dancing, singing .

Making fun of ourselves while we were in the borg. Even the stupid clothes we had to wear.

Relating to each other , some of the things that others in chat have said that were so damn funny.

Cool clean sheets that smell like downy.... and then you or the kids come in and we snuggle.

Priceless.

• Matty
    Matty

• Looking at the 2002 Yearbook and seeing that most of the western world has had a decrease in publishers.
    • Knowing that I have for the first time in my life found true friends here (Like Mim below!) that won't abandon me if I don't agree with everything they say!
    • The hope that my future may be a lot better than my past
    • Reading the moronic posts on JustJWs, thinking "that was me not so long ago!"

Edited by - Matty on 17 June 2002 13:29:0

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

First and foremost - watching my two girls grow, listening to them having humongous giggle fits, seeing them pleased with their accomplishments and sticking up for themselves and feeling good about themselves.

My two dogs and two cats. It's an entertaining daily floor show. And when my fish sleeps in her castle with her head sticking out the top and her butt out the bottom.

The ocean. The sky. A breeze. A sunbeam. Birds chirping.

Hearing my dog breathe at night, or my cat snore.

Knowing I've come a long, long way from where I've been.

Realizing the people here really care about me and won't abandon me.

When I can help others through a bad night or time.

There's so much to smile about, and smiles are contagious. I like to smile to strangers who look like they are having a hard day.

Mimilly

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

WildTurkey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm... well, watching the neighbors' cat walking outside in the early morning - or late evening. He isn't stuck-up, and will talk to me. He has funny things to say.

Windy - in the chat room - and the silliness that usually accompanies her visits.

Windy - on the phone - and the silliness that usually accompanies those calls. <grin>

My 2 friends locally that I have - Joe and Sheri. They are pretty cool.

Driving through the country in my VW. Nice country up north of here.

The wind in the evenings when it blows cool.

There are other things... but they are humorous only when they happen - and aren't if I try to explain them later.

What used to make me smile?

My cats and dog that I used to have. They are clowns and know how to perform.

My daughter - she could be a clown too - when she wanted to be.

My ex-galpal in Australia - and seeing her on the webcam.

I may have missed a couple of things.

Regards,

Jim TX

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

No particular order....

My Daughter

My daughter when is she is just knocked out asleep. You know the kind with drool out of the corners of the mouth and you pick her up and she just lays on you like a limp rag doll.

The Ocean

I used to hate deep water but now I'm drawn to the ocean so much so that I refused a high paying game dev. job in Las Vegas. I have to be near the water.

My Wife

When she acts like just a big a dork as me. When she braids her hair with a couple small braids in some hot celtic fashion.

• terafera
    terafera

Mimilly, I know what you mean...

When someone looks a bit crusty around the edges, sad or just hardened by life...I like to smile at them and treat them warmly.

I have a grumpy old neighbor next door who bites everyone's head off... he screamed out the window many times about my dog who was yapping at cars (my dog is hardly ever outdoors). I had put up with his yelling for a few weeks....I thought of going over and telling him off, but wondered how he got so sad in his life. I figured he must be pretty bitter about life....I also noticed I never saw anyone visit him, no grandkids, relatives, nothing.

So I made some banana bread with a nice note and left it on his doorstep. A few days later I see him walking out to his car and he smiles at me. 'Thanks sweetie for the bread. I know I can be an ass sometimes... I sure hope you didnt poison it!!' We both started laughing and he got in his car with a huge smile. Knowing I rose above the situation and acted with love made me realize how much my attitude and actions affect my happiness. And that made me smile.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

• My children.
    • My husband
    • Eyegirl.......(love having a sister again)

Oh......and I forgot

• LOUD pipes!!!!!!!!
  • Xander
    Xander

*sigh*

You all have such sweet answers. Makes me glad to read them. But, smile? Hmmm...well, I DID get a couple grins out of the picture thread.

Otherwise, not so much lately...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit