What makes you smile?

by WildTurkey 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

listening to my son play the guitar. he's really awesome. or watching south park or the simpsons with him, or trading 'maury povich guest' impressions with him. what a gas!

i turned my back yard into a bird and butterfly sanctuary, planting flowers to attract them, putting out seeds and water. i always smile when i see the little fledglings gambol about on the lawn, checking out the big world. or better yet, when a hummingbird comes to the feeder, or the occasional butterfly.

when my neighbors walk or drive by and we always smile and wave to each other, we all gathered around on june 10 and watched the solar eclipse. it was really cool.

making christmas cookies for my family, and seeing the smiles on their faces. i make little gingerbread men and make them look like south park characters :) in fact, i love christmas! all the presents and lights twinkling.

getting funny email from my friends

seeing my girfriend and just doing fun stuff with her. she works a lot, so when we finally get together, we act silly together.

watching all the seeds in my garden morph into seedlings and flowers and peppers and stuff.

star gazing with friends who live out in the sticks. they have huge telescopes and when you see saturn's rings, or jupiter it's wonderful. then we joke about aliens and stuff and eat nachos and just enjoy watching the kids play. it doesn't get any better than that

Edited by - Incense_and_Peppermints on 17 June 2002 13:20:25

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

awwww......damn you scooter, now i'm gonna cry!!

seriously though......spending time with my sister always makes me smile--even when i'm in a foul mood, she makes me feel better. love my nieces and nephews too. there's something about unconditional love that you can't help but smile. being with my gramma, especially when she's giving you one of her 'sex talks', they're hilarious. always brings a smile to my face. great friends.

beck

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

My dogs. God I just love those goofy, slobering freaks. Makes me smile just thinking of 'em.

And driving back roads with the windows down and the radio up. Aaaaahhhhh.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Nothing makes me smile and melt more than having my wonderful husand Marco smile at me from across a room and he throws me a kiss. ohhhhhhh I just get weak in the knees.

I smile when we drive around the lake at late evening an sit at the edge of the beach and watch the sun set and we are holding each other. I turn to mush.

I smile when I wake up in the morning to his arms around me and he his holding me tightly and smiles and I wish this moment will never end.

I smile when my best friend loses at scrabble.

I smile when she wins a backgammon all the time

I smile at the girls in the dart league

I smile at my son who is the sun shine of my life

I smile when my step daughter and her family call me mom and grandma.

I smile because I love life

Edited by - orangefatcat on 17 June 2002 14:18:34

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Xander -- Why aren't you smiling lately? What is wrong? LEt me knwo if you need to talk...

Kisses,

Amanda

P.S. Dig the new profile pic!!!

• one
    one

Can you define it?

What about animals do they smile? or is it only human?

Anyway it is my autoreaction when i meet people, anyone, unless they point a gun at me. Also i am not sure about gb members anymore...

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I smile when I win backgammon when playing with my friend OFC

I smile at her reaction when she losses at backgammon.

I smile when she wins scrabble, cause she is so smart.

I smile at my grandchildren, they seem to brighten my day.

I smile at my loving husband, the way he looks at me sometimes, that only husband and wife can see.

I smile at my grown children, because they have such good sense of humour's

I smile when I reminisce about our younger days.

And I smile at my dog, and my cat, cause they do silly things.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Everything about my nephew cracks me up, but especially when I get him to make nasty faces at the dinner table.

Seeing people in love...especially really grey haired people who still hold hands, and cuddle, etc.

Watching people fall down...oh wait, these are supposed to be positive, but it still makes me smile.

When I get a REAL letter in the mail...

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Who wouldn't smile when they saw that face?

Oh, SYN... *sigh*

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

My cat.

This duck I saw sittin' on a patch of snow.

My friend Paul.

Sunshine on my face.

Lotsa people on this forum.
    Especially Naeblis. He's downright goofy.
    And Six of Nine, he's downright sexy.
    And Xander, he's just sweet.

Dancing naked. hehe

Surprises....especially when people are pleasantly unpredictable.

Threads that remind me to smile.

SPAZ

Edited by - SPAZnik on 17 June 2002 19:58:30

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit