Apost8News: "Return to Jehovah" Official Literature Release Video - 2015 Convention Lowlight

by cappytan 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I only watched a few quick segments here and there. These "speakers" are terrible, so stiff and fake.

And apparently some of them aren't that bright either.

For example, in the part "Lessons from Jesus," Darrin Snyder makes a grammar error that most 3rd graders would know is wrong. Speaking of illustrations @ 52:27" he says:

"There is though, in fact, many, … hundreds of pictures in the Bible."

There IS MANY!

Really?

Apparently "lessons from Jesus" don't include basic grammar or the significance of subject-verb agreement.

What a maroon.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Do you mean he is burgundy in colour Oubliette?

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    lol they must be having a real hard time keeping their numbers up if they're resorting to members who left.
  • moomanchu
    moomanchu

It only just dawned on me now that the whole premise of this brochure is

leaving the Watchtower printing company = leaving Jehovah.

The indoctrination and brainwashing is deep!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stuck: Do you mean he is burgundy in colour Oubliette?

No, it's a reference to a Bugs Bunny insult:

What a maroon!

• Heaven
    Heaven

If they have to put a brochure out about this, then it must be a significant problem.

I'll tell ya, my Dad, who was a Ministerial Servant, ain't returning ever.

He's wheelchair bound now, likes to take his clothes off in public, ties his shoe laces in complete knots, pours his soup into his shoes, sleeps a lot, and cannot put a complete lucid sentence together to save his life.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Crazyguy16 hours ago

I also noticed that the sayings of Jesus were referred to as Jehovah saying it. I guess they do believe in the trinity.

Ezekiel 34:11 “‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Here I am, I myself, and I will search for my sheep and care for them. 12 According to the care of one feeding his drove in the day of his coming to be in the midst of his sheep that have been spread abroad, that is the way that I shall care for my sheep; and I will deliver them out of all the places to which they have been scattered in the day of clouds and thick gloom.

That noted, PLEASE read the context in regards to those scriptures. Also if you would PLEASE read Ezekiel 13:1-16.

Ezekiel 34:1 And the word of Jehovah continued to occur to me, saying: 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy, and you must say to them, to the shepherds, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Woe to the shepherds of Israel, who have become feeders of themselves! Is it not the flock that the shepherds ought to feed? 3 The fat is what YOU eat, and with the wool YOU clothe your own selves. The plump animal is what YOU slaughter. The flock itself YOU do not feed. 4 The sickened ones YOU have not strengthened, and the ailing one YOU have not healed, and the broken one YOU have not bandaged, and the dispersed one YOU have not brought back, and the lost one YOU have not sought to find, but with harshness YOU have had them in subjection, even with tyranny. 5 And they were gradually scattered because of there being no shepherd, so that they became food for every wild beast of the field, and they continued to be scattered. 6 My sheep kept straying on all the mountains and on every high hill; and on all the surface of the earth my sheep were scattered, with no one making a search and with no one seeking to find. 7 “‘“Therefore, YOU shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah, 8 ‘“As I am alive,” is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, “surely for the reason that my sheep became something for plunder and my sheep continued to be food for every wild beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, and my shepherds did not search for my sheep, but the shepherds kept feeding themselves, and my own sheep they did not feed,”’ 9 therefore, YOU shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah. 10 This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘Here I am against the shepherds, and I shall certainly ask back my sheep from their hand and make them cease from feeding [my] sheep, and the shepherds will no longer feed themselves; and I will deliver my sheep out of their mouth, and they will not become food for them.’” 11 “‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Here I am, I myself, and I will search for my sheep and care for them. 12 According to the care of one feeding his drove in the day of his coming to be in the midst of his sheep that have been spread abroad, that is the way that I shall care for my sheep; and I will deliver them out of all the places to which they have been scattered in the day of clouds and thick gloom. 13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and collect them together from the lands and bring them in onto their soil and feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streambeds and by all the dwelling places of the land. 14 In a good pasturage I shall feed them, and on Israel’s high mountains their abiding place will come to be. There they will lie down in a good abiding place, and on a fat pasturage they will feed upon the mountains of Israel.” 15 “‘“I myself shall feed my sheep, and I myself shall make them lie down,” is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. 16 “The lost one I shall search for, and the dispersed one I shall bring back, and the broken one I shall bandage and the ailing one I shall strengthen, but the fat one and the strong one I shall annihilate. I shall feed that one with judgment.”
  • hardtobeme
    hardtobeme
    Beautiful loving letter from the GB= we want your money!!!!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Maroon- A malapropism and favorite expression of Bugs Bunny, after outwitting Elmer Fudd. Usually uttered by Bugs this while walking away and wiping his hands in satisfaction. The joke of course is that Bugs mispronounces "moron."
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This brochure is evidently targeting a certain type of inactive one. It is aimed at those ones who would say things to me like "I know that it's the truth, Bro.Blues but........" I never could understand that attitude. If I knew that something was the truth then nothing or nobody would stop me from following it.

Trouble is that we are not like that , we know that WTS is not the truth and once you know the TATT then there is no going back.

Morris said that the elders have had a determined effort to reactivate the inactive.....well it has not been seen around here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit