finally got my thoughts gathered to share......

by scootergirl 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Christy

you're doing just fine, take your time and know that we aren't going anywhere.

Lots of us have shared our stories [ http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=21351&site=3 ]- unburdening is just a part of it but it's also good to remember that you in turn are also helping others to open up and start their own healing.

Glad to get to know you,

Love Nic'

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Christy, I've enjoyed reading your story so far. Its very therapeutic to tell the events that shaped your life. Its always difficult to tell at first, but at the end its sort of an affirmation of the spirit. Do it in your own time, at your own speed and in your own way. You are among friends. Friends that understand.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello scootergirl

You said you have read many stories here and that yours was ' quite simple, but none-the-less my story.' Your story has many people anxiously waiting. The source of the atrocity is the same but your experience is unique and very worthy of telling. You are among friends who recognize a harmful pattern. Yet your experience the is only one like it. Please continue when you are ready.

Jst2laws

• Celia
    Celia

Scootergirl
    Welcome and thanks for sharing.
    So, where did you go and what did your Dad do when he found out ?

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

You guys are so wonderful....my tears started out in pain and now your kindness has overwhelmed me!....

What I remember most that morning is my mother sitting in the kitchen w/my brother and sister (a.k.a. "eyegirl") praying for "her two children". I was in shock... disbelief. Trying to hurry and pack what I could carry on my back I did and she hastily rushed me out the door to the car. As the car backed out the driveway she told me to take one last look at my siblings. I was crying so hard...they were crying (and they had to go to school after all of this!).

After she left the bus station (which wasn't even open yet) this kind old man (I still say he was an angel) saw me sitting there on my suitcase crying. It was cold out, he offered me a seat in his car and gave me some coffee out of a thermos. I tried to explain what happened and he just listened. When the station opened, he gave me money for the phone and I went in and called a friend that I knew from high school who immediately left work and picked me up. That older fellow brought my suitcase inside and before I could thank him he was gone.

Now, where do I decide to go? I was scared and wanted to be w/LeRoy. So my friend drove me the couple hundred of miles and I knocked on LeRoy's door in tears. He immediately brought me inside and these two guys settled me down.

My judicial committee was the following day and LeRoy suggested that I not go. I remember him asking me "why...why would you put yourself thru that again?" I called my mother who was still irrate and when my father got on the phone he was very cold. I am sure that he got "her" version. I was df'd.

I eventually got a hold of my aunt and uncle (not jw) who supported me 110%. I took my parents to small claims court to retrieve my belongings out of their house (which I won) and started to stand on my own feet. I was fiesty....mouthy and had a HUGE attitude. I admit, I could have handled things differently, but I did what I had to do back then.

LeRoy and I ended up getting married in June of 1989. Big ole' church wedding in the Luthern Church (his) and my grandparents from both sides attending. My uncle walked me down the aisle and my aunt made my dress. It was one of the most beautiful days in my life.

In February of 1990 I found out I was pregnant w/my first child. LeRoy and I had just bought a house, he was going to school to become and accountant and now the baby just made life complete. I tried to put my past behind me and build a new life.

10 days after the doctor confirmed my pregnancy, LeRoy was killed in a car crash at the hands of a drunk driver. I was devastated. Completely devastated. I loved him so very much...20, pregnant and widowed. Of course, the vultures that the jws are, this was "oppertune time" to get a hold of me. I remember mother saying "wouldn't you love to see him again? Remember God's promise of a resurrection".

By the grace of God I was strong and told her to get the hell away from me. I wouldn't allow her to come to the funeral. In fact, my family (non-jws) sat w/me and she wanted to come and see me. I made her come and walk thru the room where all my support was sitting. She had to talk to me in private...that was when she tried to preach and "offer her love and support".

We buried LeRoy March 12 and November 11 our daughter, Andrea, was born. What a blessing........

Okay, definately another breather needed. Will continue later......

~Christy

You know when healing's occurred when you can remember when you want to and forget when you choose.-Bessel van der Kolk

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

((((((((((((((((((((Christy))))))))))))))))))

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh my gawd Christy (((Hugs))) for you. How incredibly tragic

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• outnfree
    outnfree

Whoa, ((((((Christy))))))) !

I just cannot imagine. Any of it. But especially your husband getting killed just when things were looking so promising.

I am glad you did not let your mother victimize you again during those trying days immediately following LeRoy's death. Where was your father during this time? Your siblings? Thank God for your non-JW relatives, eh?

outnfree

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift

• Celia
    Celia

This is heartbreaking !
    I married in 1989 too, but I was not 20 any more
    Our son was born in 1990.
    {{{{lots of hugs}}}}

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Gee, Christy, the baby was born in 1990. She must be 10 or 11 now, or....... How lucky you are to have a daughter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit