What's the one thing you miss about the WTS?

by Naeblis 60 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

N O T H I N G

PS My Mom

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Doughnuts at assemblies, before they took even that small pleasure away.
    And...
    ...and...

...well, I guess that's it!

Xena:
    I'll be your friend, and you won't even have to work at it.
    Well, maybe a little!

• buffy
    buffy

I miss lying to my mom about what us witness kids were doing. you know, we had a bonfire and roasted marshmellows
    when in reality, we had a bonfire and passed booze around, got horny and had sex.

I miss going away w/ my mom to concerts, the beach, and everywhere else we'd go. Even just going to the mall w/ her.

I miss the secret codes for identifing hot guys at the conventions.

Don't miss the self righteous sob's who always criticized and made you feel about an inch tall. I could never do
    enough to make anyone happy. I was in fear of the other dubs not Jehovah.

I miss how fun it was to spread gossip about all the trouble other kids got into to justify what we were doing. And,
    the coruption - a bunch of us got publicly reproved for a game of truth or dare, when we all admitted to oral sex, and
    one girl ratted. But, when a couple got busted for having an affair. (an elder cheated on his wife w/ a 17 yr old girl).
    They were both privately reproved, because no one else knew about it. yeah right!

I miss waking up hungover and going door to door, hoping that I wouldn't run into the one night stand from the night
    before.

buffy

• DINKY
    DINKY

I miss an elder, Mike. He has a great personality and beautiful, seductive eyes. I am so HOT for him!

But, he's still "in," plus he's married (a minor detail).

Well, atleast I still have the sexual fantasies ....gotta go!

Dinky

• absolutelynoone
    absolutelynoone

I miss getting the newly released publications at the districts. It was like the only Christmas I ever knew.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I miss all the purdy coluredd books and takin home xtra froot bags at the end of the essemblee.

• JAVA
    JAVA

I miss KNOWING EVERYTHING. Now that I know that I don't know--I KNOW.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

There are a lot of things I miss. Also a lot of things I don't.

I miss the circuit assemblies...Abuquerque, NM; Yuba City, CA; & Santa Fe, NM. Especially Santa Fe, because the auditorium was close to the plaza there, quick getaways for Hagen-Daaz :)

I miss concession stand work. Checking out the hotties. My buddies and I wagering which were still virgins and which were not, all of us too scared to find out.

I do miss the frozen puddings at the district conventions. I miss seeing my first pro baseball game with my dad. The day before the convention started, we got tickets to see the Giants play the Expos at Candlestick Park.

I miss, well not really, but those Texas sisters :) Amarillo district conventions. Especially Friday nights at the Big Texan, I think it's called. Huge steaks.

I miss the "quick build" Kingdom Halls. Before the Society got involved and took all the fun out.

I miss my friends, Kevin, Mike, Matt & Jay. We ran around those assemblies and quick builds like we owned them. In fact, we did, All five of us were elder's sons, with tons of dirt on each other.

I don't miss the Saturday service. The Sunday meetings (being bored out of my skull), The only thing keeping me marginally aware is running the sound board.

I don;t miss the Judicial Committees. I had 3 of those. 2 Private reproofs (both for smoking pot) and 1 Public (for getting way drunk at my graduation party). Wish I had known then that "I didn't inhale" would be a legit defense against pot use.

If I can think of more, I'll post

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Seriously, I do miss some of the nice friends I had in my younger days, playing hearts and pinnocle on Saturday nights.

I miss thinking I had the ultimate answer for everything.

I miss NOT worrying about making a lot of money and amounting to anything in this life (the only one you get).

• Valis
    Valis
    I miss, well not really, but those Texas sisters :) Amarillo district conventions. Especially Friday nights at the Big Texan, I think it's called. Huge steaks.

The Big Texan, home of the 72 ounce steak. If you can eat it all its free...I knew some Texas sisters that were the same way heheheheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit