What's the one thing you miss about the WTS?

by Naeblis 60 Replies latest jw friends

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

Hmmm,lets see...

How about the grease soaked piece of white bread topped with a piece of fried chicken then wrapped lovingly in foil.
    oh! and Swiss Miss chocolate pudding.

Then there's Kingdom Melodies and the bathroom lines at the DC.

I hope yall know I'm joking.

ChiChi

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I miss being exhausted trying to get 3 kids ready , 5 meetings a week.
    I miss my kids being the worst kids at the hall, and chasing them around the stage.

I miss waiting for elder hubby to finish his elder's meeting , so we
    could go to Mc'Ds. (Probably some sister talking to him about oral sex anyway for an hour!!!)

I miss trying to hide my Watchtower because I didnt have my lesson
    studied and underlined.

I miss giving talks on the school and all of the panic attacks because of them.

I miss commenting at the bookstudy and then wishing I would have not have even opened my stupid mouth!

I miss sitting next to that sister that never , ever took a bath.

I miss wearing panty hose in the hot Louisiana muggy summmer time,
    while out in service.

Oh,, I think I meant to say , I detested, hated, despised, every single one of the above mentioned things. You know !!! LOL

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

I miss all the great cleaning tips from brothers who are/were self employed as contract janitors.I miss all the latest fashions and the way certain elders made 2 suits "work" for 10 years (or until they went on sale at Sears) I miss white socks with black shoes.I miss that little bit of excitement that we ALL felt when we heard this from the podium " Brothers and Sisters, these are the announcements we all do not like to hear but the Judicial commitee of Blah blah congregation has found it necessary to disfellowship Sister Cumalot....blah blah blah.Then we were all thinking " I wonder what she did?" I miss the good old days when they gave us badges that said "security" on them ,we all thought we were badasses battling corridor crime and the forces of evil at the assemblies.I miss that little announcement that we sometimes got when the public talk was cancelled and it was just the watchtower study, it was almost like winning a lottery! One extra hour to do anything we want and not have to listen to some 84 year old fossil with drool running down his chin giving us shit because our hours were not up!I miss waking up on a Saturday morning early and not hearing my Mom get ready to go out in service and then realize that everyone is still asleep and that if I make too much noise will wake the old lady up and she will drag me to the hall and be put thru all that crap.Going out in service was as much fun as looking at a bucket full of squashed cocks!! Oh how I yearn for those days......

• openminded
    openminded

Waygooder- I am laughing my ass off - oh how I can relate to that shit. -om

• TR
    TR

I honestly can't think of anything that I miss.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• absolutelynoone
    absolutelynoone

I miss being a social pariah all the way through school. It was so cool to be the only kid that refused to do anything patriotic, religious, or fun.

• Francois
    Francois

Well, hell, if you're all gonna fess up like that, lemme continue:

I miss getting in a pile with one of the ms's and his wife and my wife on the floor in front of the fireplace. Then we'd pair off.

I miss seeing pictures of another ms and his wife from their vacations. They'd go to Panama City Beach, pick up some strange guy at a bar, take him back to their room where he'd have sex with the wife while the ms would take pictures. Then he'd show 'em to me.

Then there was the elder's wife. He was so busy taking care of keeping the congregation clean that he neglected his wife. She complained to me about it. I don't need but one hint, y'know.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. And the society thinks the congregation is "clean." My ass.

Francois

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

I miss the Circuit Overseer giving the elders crap about the congregation hours.
    I miss the Circuit Overseer giving the congregation crap about their hours being too low.
    I miss the elder's giving me crap for not being hard enough on the young ones
    I miss publishers giving me crap for not calling on them for their 3rd or 4th comment at the WT study
    I miss the elders breaking the rules to disfellowship someone since they knew that it was best for the congregation.
    I miss the jealousy, bitterness and backbiting.
    I miss those elders meetings where brothers would get beet faced red and angry
    I miss all of those contribution boxes!
    I miss the elder who was kind enough to offer to spank my son for me
    I miss all of the crap at the District Convention about needing to do more, more, more!

I could spend the rest of the day on this. In all fairness, I sincerely miss some things:

The sense of community and brotherhood - even if it was largely phony - who knew?
    Friends with shared experiences over many decades
    The feeling of doing something important to help others
    The firm belief and hope for a bright future
    Saturday morning coffee break
    Camping trips/recreation

Lee

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Lee,,,, that is too damn funny,, all true I know. My hub was an elder and he complained of the same things. So others wanted to help you beat your kids too? LOL

• SYN
    SYN

Francois: LOL! You must be responsible for over half the "immorality" and "fornication" in the Society! You naughty boy!

I miss being so bored in the meetings that my brain wanted to crawl out of my earhole and strangle me to death.
    I miss sitting at a Convention for 8 hours for 2 days being even MORE BORED.
    I miss being bored in field service.
    I miss naked householders at the door.
    I miss Convention "food".
    I miss trying not to get my suit wet on the grass at the Convention while eating after the arrangements were "simplified".
    I miss knowing everything, and yet still doubting what I was taught.
    I miss "take 'em two by two" and God's nostrils.
    I miss knowing that God is a Man.
    I miss feeling sorry for 99% of the people I knew because they were going to die at (H)Armageddon.
    I miss feeling incredibly joyous when my parents said we weren't going to the meeting or to a field service gathering.
    I miss sitting for 15 minutes after the Sunday meeting (public talk + WT Study, 2 hours), while some Brother blathered about the Daily Text when all I wanted to do was LEAVE!
    I miss the texture of a shirt of mine I don't wear anymore that had a rough-cotton fabric that would chafe my skin. Weird, but I miss it!
    I miss having to shine my leather shoes.
    I miss the smell of shoe polish and it's waxy feeling on my hands (it was damned hard to wash off).
    I miss getting shoe-polish stains on my clothes.
    I miss getting shoe-polish stains on my socks from lazy shoe-polishing when I neglected to take the shoes off before polishing them.
    I miss spending a lot of time polishing my shoes just for them to get dirty again in Field Service! [>:(]
    I miss the "get-togethers" which were almost as exciting as the meetings and field service.
    I miss the only Brother who held get-togethers whose house had a CD-player in the living room, and when we tried to dance we would make it skip (it was very old, and lo-tech).
    I miss being shunned by just about all of the people my age in the Congregation because I thought about stuff.
    I miss being reprimanded at great length for questioning something at a Bookstudy. My parents were horrified, I tell you.
    I miss watching the really overweight Sisters slurp up various sugary things on Cake Nights - it must've been their only pleasure in life. Oh, and there were lots of overweight Brothers too. HMMM. There's a pattern here...
    I miss the segregation of Sisters and Brothers on said Cake Nights. All the Sisters would retire to the kitchen, leaving all the Brothers to chat and languish in the living room, as if they were trying to look good by fulfilling their "wifely duties". BAH!
    I miss women not being able to do zero in the Kingdom Halls. Women are merely decorations in the BOrganization, baby factories, cooks, not people.

Gee, I guess I miss so many things I should get my ass back in the BORG. Like HELL!

They've been digging in the Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and an older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit