If you found out TTATT at 80 and spent your entire life at Bethel, what would you do?

by John Aquila 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fulano
    fulano
    When I lost my faith in the Watchtower, after almost ten years of missionary-service, I was assigned at Patterson. At that moment my only thought was to get out of that system. I was 39 at that moment, but I guess even at 80 I would have had the same thought and feeling. It's, for me at least, impossible to live in a lie. I would rather die on a street.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

iwasblind

It is so sad to contemplate - too sad. I think that is why all of the 70+ 80+ year olds now in (that I know) are depressed and clutching to this generation idea because they don't want to die in this system.

One relative of mine said she knows something is wrong, but knows its the truth still.

I have a 94 year elderly sister friend that I’ve known for about 45 years. She still pioneers and has relatively good health. She told me she knows for a fact that she will not die because she has sacrificed everything and Jehovah will reward her for all her sacrifices. I will never tell her the truth at this point. What good would it do?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

What would I do?

Well, you know that prank where you put dog shit in a paper bag, drop it in front of a door, light the bag on fire, knock, and then run? I would do that at the door to the GB meeting room when they were having a meeting.

Then I would go and get drunk.

And in the morning I would buy a new wardrobe.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

^^^@John Aquila: That is one of the saddest things I have ever read.

If she doesn't die suddenly of a stroke, but has a lingering death, I wonder if she will wonder, where did SHE go wrong. NOT where did the GB screw up, or the Bible go wrong. (Unfortunately she doesn't realize the writing committee along with the GB just pull ideas out of their a$$"s) lol

Poor dear old soul. (It would not be respectful to call her a fool. I really feel for her. I drank the kool aid too).

----->If I was at Beth-hell, that is one tough call. I honestly don't know, but I would realize my days were numbered. If I had always wanted freedom, along with a husband, children, a home etc, the shock might kill me.

For me personally, I would want to know. It would answer so many questions on why the GB doesn't make any sense but make singing rolly cart commercials and stupid kids cartoons. I gave up all of life's pleasures so the GB could go on JW-TV and make fools of themselves and my "the end is coming" "preach the Word, or you are blood guilty" religion?

I would need someone to hold my hand through this. It would be brutal with stripping off the blind fold.

LL

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would:

1) Shit my depends.

2) Kick down the GB's meeting room door.

3) Give them an enema with a baseball bat.

4) Throw gas on everything, flip the bird and throw a match.

DD

• DATA-DOG
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    DATA-DOG

I would:

1) Shit my depends.

2) Kick down the GB's meeting room door.

3) Give them an enema with a baseball bat.

4) Throw gas on everything, flip the bird and throw a match.

With so many waking up and getting real pissed, I wonder why it hasn't happen yet.

• Scully
    Scully

You wouldn't have to be 80 and living at Bethel™. If you'd spent the majority of your life as a devout JW, with all your friendships and social activity JW centric, and you've treated non-JW or faded/DF'd/DA'd relatives like crap for decades, there's really no point in leaving the JWs and starting fresh.

You might be able to mend fences with the relatives you've ignored/snubbed all those years, but the risk of being expelled and losing the remainder of your social/support system would be overwhelmingly daunting.

I wouldn't want to be in their position. It was hard enough leaving in my 30s and starting fresh. I'd hate to be the one who came to the realization that I'd pissed my entire life away on a cult, one that lured me in, compelled me to alienate family and friends, induced me to give my hard earned money to them and made them billionaires while I denied myself the pleasures in life.

I daresay that many of the elderly JWs realize, on some level, that it's all a scam, and have figured out a way to pull back financial support of the whOrganization while using the Meetings™ and Field Service™ as a way to have their social needs met. At the same time, they try to keep relationships with former JWs in their family on the down-low, knowing that some day they may need their assistance.

• SimonSays
  • LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    S A B O T A G E

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit