If you found out TTATT at 80 and spent your entire life at Bethel, what would you do?

by John Aquila 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I'd tell them to keep their thoughts to themselves and stay in line.

Do they want to live out the remaining years in a cardboard box with hardly any health benefits?

• SoCal101
    SoCal101
    Go up to Lett and whap him in the nuts with my cain! Then claim amnesia and be forgiven.
  • whathehadas
    whathehadas

If you would decrease the age by 30 years....then there can be some what if a recovery but at 80....you are done like a overcooked turkey. It's funny but sad to picture a 80 year old getting kicked out in the cold by the WT.

• minimus
    minimus

Probably stay....drink and commit fornication, if I still could and give interviews about my faithfulness

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    That's a sad picture whathehadas
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

At 80 y.o. one's circle of friends has most likely become a semi- circle or less.

Is the 80 y.o. healthy? Sickly? Alone? Married?

Does the 80 y.o.have family members that are awake?

The lady that studied with me has spent more than half a century as a witness. I think it would be cruel to even attempt to wake her up. Her entire life revolves around her JW identity. If she were to wake up on her own she would be devastated; she has shunned one of her children for 30 years because she believes she is following the will of God. It's too sad for words. I've wanted to tell her to speak to her child before it's too late...

As far as your scenario, an 80 y.o. Bethelite should stay as they are unless they have a lot of money and good health.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    They may qualify for Social Security but I don't think they would get much especially in New York where I believe rent is high. Probably just enough for food and transportation (if they have a car).
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I see what a lot of you are saying about just faking it, but I don't think I could stand it. I almost get nauseated now seeing JWs or a Kingdom Hall. It all seems so fake and goody-goody now.

If I found out at 80 and had enough money to live on the outside, I think I'd have to be true to myself and get out of there. Losing a circle of friends wouldn't bother me. I could be happy sitting out under the stars at night by myself.

If I didn't have enough to survive financially outside, I guess I'd hang around, but I'd fake illness (physical, mental, or both) so I wouldn't have to do any more parts or do any work.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hi John Aquilla

It is so sad to contemplate - too sad. I think that is why all of the 70+ 80+ year olds now in (that I know) are depressed and clutching to this generation idea because they don't want to die in this system.

One relative of mine said she knows something is wrong, but knows its the truth still.

???????? Madness

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The older we get, the more we crave stability...

I would say many would just STFU and live out their lives in comfort....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit