By “evolution,” we mean “macroevolution”—apes turning into humans, for example.

by FadingTruth 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

Another one in the same vain

• James Brown
    James Brown

Image result for picture of textbooks showing apes turning into men

When you say science doesn't teach apes turning into men this picture is from a school text book in Australia today. And I remember seeing pictures like that back in the 60's in my school science books.

I also remember seeing pictures like that in the 80's in college science books.

That is why people who do not believe in evolution bring it up. Because that is what science taught.

Maybe some scientist are teaching something different now.

It seems like science changes like religion changes. They both try to force the current information into their world view.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    James Brown: That picture is still consistent with the modern day theory of evolution. Each step on that scale is a slice of time over millions of years.
  • ignored_one
    ignored_one

I can't believe they f*cking quoted RICHARD EFFING DAWKINS in this article!

Does anyone want to pass that along to Richard himself? I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know. ;)

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

When you say science doesn't teach apes turning into men this picture is from a school text book in Australia today.

Those creatures shown in the picture are not apes.

• cantleave
    cantleave

James - Our ancestors were apelike creatures but were very different from modern apes. One our ancestors gave rise to to both modern humans and moderns apes. The illustration that book attempts to show are different stages of human evolution but obviously the changes between each of those stages was gradual and took place over many 1000's of generation, Each of those generations would have looked just like the previous one, the changes accumulated over time.

Its a bit like looking at photographs of someone at different stages of life - if you looked at photos of a person as a baby, a toddler, a preteen, a teenager a 50 year old and a 90 year old you wouldn't assume that the individual jumped from one stage to another would you? You know that every day gradual changes occur, so subtly that you can not detect those changes day by day. But if you jump forward in time the changes are obvious.

It is the same with the fossil record. The fossils that we have are like "photos" of different stages of the evolution of humans. In effect we have a record of the baby, the toddler, the preteen etc. but we don't have every photo in between. The missing "photos" represent many generations, every generation showing subtle differences that gradually accumulate to create significant changes.

• done4good
    done4good

I cannot believe they actually had the audacity to quote Richard Dawkins again, after he slammed them for quoting him out of context in the old Creation book, in his work, The God Delusion.

Talk about f@cking clueless.

d4g

• pixel
    pixel

"It cannot make accurate predictions."

Are they talking about themselves???

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

For the curious:

“The filament of DNA is information, a message written in a code of chemicals, one chemical for each letter,” wrote evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins. “It is almost too good to be true, but the code turns out to be written in a way that we can understand.”

It is from The Oxford Book of Modern Science Writing By Richard Dawkins

• elkatire1980
    elkatire1980

You can find here that Gene Hwang is Jehovah's Witness

http://www.laozhong.net/list/49/89896.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit