By “evolution,” we mean “macroevolution”—apes turning into humans, for example.

by FadingTruth 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FadingTruth
    FadingTruth

The quote that WT attributes to Richard Dawkins isn't even from him.

“The filament of DNA is information, a message written in a code of chemicals, one chemical for each letter,” wrote evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins. “It is almost too good to be true, but the code turns out to be written in a way that we can understand.

It's from Genome: The Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters by Matt Ridley. You can read the chapter it was taken from in excerpt here.

Richard Dawkins was merely quoting Matt Ridley in
    The Oxford Book of Modern Science Writing.

Not only are WT now misquoting authors, they are getting the source authors altogether wrong.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    cappytan4 hours ago

I can't believe they f*cking quoted RICHARD EFFING DAWKINS in this article!

The “words” and “sentences” in DNA make up the various “recipes” that direct the production of proteins and other substances that form the building blocks of the various cells that make up the body. For example, the “recipe” might guide the production of bone cells, muscle cells, nerve cells, or skin cells. “The filament of DNA is information, a message written in a code of chemicals, one chemical for each letter,” wrote evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins. “It is almost too good to be true, but the code turns out to be written in a way that we can understand.”

WHAT THE HELL? They're quoting him to support their lie that complexity means a creator!

Everyone needs to light up Dawkins on Twitter NOW. If he sees that's I think they'll have made an enemy who tirelessly destroys them. I tweeted him also.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

James Brown,

"It seems like science changes like religion changes. They both try to force the current information into their world view."

The science back then was incomplete. We now have over a dozen species discovered. So any change is towards better understanding.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Everyone needs to light up Dawkins on Twitter NOW. If he sees that's I think they'll have made an enemy who tirelessly destroys them. I tweeted him also.

They will just silently change the online article to appease the sh!tstorm.

• FadingTruth
    FadingTruth
    They will just silently change the online article to appease the sh!tstorm

Cappytan, yes they might change the online article but some people will notice. I think it's worth mentioning that the January Awake with the removal of the Professor Rama Singh misquote is what started my doubts and subsequent fade.

I had downloaded the PDF and was confused because I was certain a Canadian professor was quoted when I first read the article. Then I found the paper version. I googled "Professor Rama Singh" (the WT quoted him, so it must be alright to read his works) in order to research and deepen my faith. From there I noticed JWFacts & JWSurvey... Kudos on them picking innocuous domain names, otherwise I might not have checked.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How do JWs explain the relatively few "kinds" on the ark becoming the vast array of species in existence without evolution??

Did Jeehoober do some magic? He must have because humans and animals started eating meat after the flood. Super-magical "evolution" seems like a good way to offset Jeehoober's HUGE mistake of allowing meat on the menu with so few surviving "kinds".

With everything eating each other, it's a wonder that we have any animals left!

DD

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

The more I study science, the more I am convinced of the WTBTS's lack of even the most basic intellectual integrity and colossal lack of science literacy.

What qualifies a theory as a scientific theory? According to the Encyclopedia of Scientific Principles, Laws, and Theories, a scientific theory, such as Albert Einstein’s theory of gravity, must

1. Be observable

2. Be reproducible by controlled experiments

3. Make accurate predictions

Is evolution a Scientific Theory? Yes. Further, I would be willing to bet that even their own source above (the Encyclopedia of Scientific Principles, Laws, and Theories) would cover it as such.

There is a very good article from Scientific American that can help answer the above points - http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/

The WTBTS have done so much eisegesis on the Bible over the years that they seem to feel free to cut/paste other sources as well to suit their needs. Shameless.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think the whole Ape evolving into humans thing is kinda correct - at least it is not wrong for the reason many are saying it is wrong.

The statement that apes evolved into humans is as wrong as saying that birds evolved into ducks. Ducks are birds and humans are apes.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

It is only mainstream writers to argue how evolution should be perceived by creationist. Theology in itself aligns to the core value of what a Heavenly God is and attributes there in.

Evolutionist such a Darwin made this compelling argument to satisfy the science community how such differences would apply to the onset forecast within the logic of creationism.

Microevolution happens on a small scale (within a single population), while macroevolution happens on a scale that transcends the boundaries of a single species. Despite their differences, evolution at both of these levels relies on the same, established mechanisms of evolutionary change: mutation.

There are two possible sources of the genetic variability that must be introduced into a population for change to take place: mutation and genetic recombination. Mutations are random nucleotide alterations such as copying errors or changes induced by external mutagens. In contrast, genetic recombination is performed by the cell during the preparation of gametes (sperm, egg, pollen) which are used for sexual reproduction.

The genomic differences between any two siblings are tremendous, and with rare exception all of those genetic distinctions were specifically created recombination. Both recombination and mutations can contribute to the evolution of an organism, but genetic recombination is the primary source of the genetic distinctions between individuals in a population, and must therefore be the principal driving force behind evolution

While one holds upon expansion, Creation descends from inception, i.e. point of origin. (LIFE) however complex these theories are, both cannot find an actual point of origin of life.

For this purpose they both inherit the same standards by canceling each other theories as speculation. While one can be answered physically under man made proven hypothesizes the other can be proven by simple physical archeology.

The inference that evolutionist writers conspire to suggest that a millennial amount of generational people somehow conspired to develop or orchestrated the ultimate lie of transition, would be in itself ludicrous.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

GET SCREENSHOTS of before Richard Dawkins raises hell and after. We need to capture as many of these "eRevisions" because the bOrg can perform them in real time.

4get 607, 4get the UN, 4get the pedo scandals---those are all things the bOrg & it's followers immediately have responses for. These misquotes when captured and time stamped in screenshots from their own page are PROOF, not hearsay. They cannot excuse or undermine it.

the fact that the only scientists they misquote SUPPORT evolution and the only scientists they quote correctly are JWs must be made known as loudly as possible. OMG, I'm still faded, but this shit makes me angry enough to speak out. I just may come out of hiding over this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit