By “evolution,” we mean “macroevolution”—apes turning into humans, for example.

by FadingTruth 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    There are many, many ways that the Bible can harmonize with and complement modern science.

Name three, please.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Viviane: Name three, please.

1. Zippo + Bible = Law of Thermodynamics

2. Sky Scraper + Bible dropped off of the edge = Law of Gravity

3. Bullet shot from a pistol + Bible = Newton's Third Law of Motion

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS!

• prologos
    prologos

lucky shots, random without aiming:

1) they have not found the creator yet, because the cosmos "can not contain him" (solomon at the temple dedication.

2) Matter is "not missing because of the -- energy", energy of motion.

3.) space is being "stretched out".

bonus: A woman not loved in marriage will cause earth quakes.

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

1. Zippo + Bible = Law of Thermodynamics

2. Sky Scraper + Bible dropped off of the edge = Law of Gravity

3. Bullet shot from a pistol + Bible = Newton's Third Law of Motion

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS!

While I see this is a joke :) I wanted to point out to others a miss understanding about Thermodynamics that creationist make.

I'm in general biology right now at the university and just covered the first two laws of thermodynamics. I'm not sure how lighting a bible on fire is a checkmate to atheists?

Law 1: Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transfered. So lighting a bible on fire transfers the potential energy of the match (or lighter fluid) to heat and burns the fuel (the bible) which also has potential energy into more heat and flames.

Law 2: Every Energy transfer or transformation increases the entropy of the universe. Entropy is the measure of disorder or randomness. Most reactions increase Entropy by creating heat (the heat of the burning flame from the lighter fluid or cellulose in the pages of a bible make up most of the energy from this reaction). This heat then is absorbed by the surroundings by moving from locations of high concentration (source) to low concentrations.

The reason why we have order in living things now is that we are part of an open system. The universe is a closed system and will decay, but on a smaller scale temporary open systems can (and have) formed that will not decay as long as there is the ability to interact with an outside surrounding (e.g. the earth interacts with the outside sun). Since the earth takes in energy continuously order can be an emergent property. Our bodies are also open systems because we keep supplying energy (food). If that outside source of energy stops.... well we no longer are open systems if you will, and we die. Then we decay. When the sun becomes a red giant the earth will no longer be an open system as it will be consumed by the sun. Thus this the earth is a temporary open system, just like we are temporary open systems.

Another example of disorder (heat) -> emergent order is thunderstorms. Thunderstorms are highly organized and emerge from a more random state when the sun heats up the ground and atmosphere. This in turn creates wind and the heat organizes into a storm (I'm sure I'm oversimplifying). Once the energy is transformed by the thunderstorm (into rain, hail, tornado), the system then dies, just like we do if we stop eating enough food. Again the outside source of energy is only finite, The sun sets and the source of heat is removed, so the thunderstorm die (if they haven't already died by transforming energy faster than they could take in [i.e. tornado]). Once the free energy source is used up the open system will turn into a closed system and disorder will result. Again stop eating and you become a closed system. Eventually you will decay.

I hope these examples help you see how order can result from disorder. The key is it happens in an open system. This caveat is what creationist either overlook or are intellectually dishonest about.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

FusionTheism - "...I just want to say I fully accept what science says about evolution, even though I have a strong Christian faith in Jesus and the Bible..."

"Here it comes... here it comes...

..here comes your nineteenth nervous breakdown..."

• Heaven
    Heaven

Why do they repeatedly state that apes turned to humans when that's not what evolutionists teach at all?

Evidently, Botchtower has followed their own advice and have completely avoided higher education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit