New forum 'parousia' is upon us! (software version)

by Simon 75 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

If the "aim is to put the responsibility for moderating into the hands of the community" what is to stop an impetuous group of passionate posters turn on a post that is unpopular (might support the WTS actions, or Creationism ) but does not really violate the posting rules? At least the mods are selected & trained to be impartial. Rule by the crowd can be unjust.

There will always be checks and balances to protect against people trying to game the system. I can't go into details because it would take too long to explain but the basic premise is that you rate the ratings - if someone appeals against an action and it's found to be incorrect then it diminishes the reputation of those who actioned it. Nothing to concern regular posters who may get odd things wrong but if a group is following some agenda then you make sure that the pattern is identified and becomes a downgrade for them rather than others as they were intending.

The flagging is for violation of the rules, not for what people like or dislike (separate buttons for those). If someone is flagging things that are not violations then at some point that becomes a violation.

Also, any chance of a spell check signal - pleeze?

Most browsers have this built-in now.

Wait. so does this mean the old site will close?

It will be transferred / redirected to the new site. Any old links will automatically transfer.

Once it's running OK then the old site will be archived and the server decommissioned.

• jw07
    jw07

Simon, you've accomplished more working on this forum in the past few months than Jesus has since he was *invisibly* installed as king in heaven in 1914.

Well done!!! :P

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol
    I'm really glad I could finally get rid of that creepy brown monster for an avatar (even without the use of Gravatar). Really cool!
  • doofdaddy
    doofdaddy
    I found the sign in process simple and fast. Love the new lay out and the ability to edit personal info
  • bsmart
    bsmart

I really would like to return to my reading of the archives... I had started on active topics and worked from page 4 or 5 to somewhere in the 300's.  Is there a easy way to get this done?  I know that it should be possible.  

Technology is wonderful, but I do need detailed instructions.  FAQ's, whatever I am doing now is not working.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Hello World! 

I liked this new layout! 

Much better to access in smartphones! 

Broadcasting is coming soon? LOL

Thank you Simon! 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit