New forum 'parousia' is upon us! (software version)

by Simon 75 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

Something else I forgot - the CAPTCHA that displays those near-impossible-to-read words to make sure that you are a human and not a machine trying to guess logins?

Not gone completely, but at least updated. Most of the time you just need to check a box and it can tell that you are legit without having to enter anything.

BTW: I've updated the new site so you should be able to signin with the username in place of the email. This will be removed at some point once people have had a chance to update their email address.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks Simon, you have clearly put a lot of effort into this upgrade. Well done and thanks a lot. Kate xx

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I still have hotmail! I still remember paying 5.95 hour for AOL. I'm old.

• darwin
    darwin

Simon can I get my Blueblades back from 12 years ago when I sign in or am I stuck with Darwin? Thanks for all you do for us.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Thanks, Simon, for all the hard work you put into this update. And my hat's off to your bride as well. Without her cooperation and help on the home front, I doubt you'd be able to keep up with it all.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the new site.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

What about deleting old private messages? Would love to be able to do that.

• Simon
    Simon

And my hat's off to your bride as well. Without her cooperation and help on the home front, I doubt you'd be able to keep up with it all.

Yes, Angharad does a lot of work helping me test things and telling me that some of my more stupid ideas really are stupid.

What about deleting old private messages? Would love to be able to do that.

That should be doable - once the switchover has been done and the main forum functionality is all working I can address some of the nice-to-have features.

The latest unread messages should be at the top though so maybe it won't be so necessary.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Posted a 'thank you' over there which hasn't appeared here so; Thanks! I've logged in successfully on my laptop but cannot login on my smartphone. I get past Captcha and the sign in button is not clickable. I'm using CM browser If that makes a difference.

• Simon
    Simon

Posted a 'thank you' over there which hasn't appeared here so; Thanks! I've logged in successfully on my laptop but cannot login on my smartphone. I get past Captcha and the sign in button is not clickable. I'm using CM browser If that makes a difference.

Sorry, the sync is one-way - from the old .net to the new .com version.

I've just been monkeying around with the scripts for the sign-in pages so no doubt I've broken something. I'llm look at doing some more cross-browser testing - anything outside of the mainstream browsers doesn't get as much attention though I'm afraid (simple a resource issue ... me !).

The signin button should appear if the form is valid - it may be checking for a valid email (guess) so maybe needs the latest script. I'll clear cahces etc... at the next deploy.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Thank you, looking forward to using it on my phone. This is a fantastic help for many and a so happy you are providing this service. All the best to you and yours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit