What are you gonna do when the existence of god is disproved?

by Doltologist 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• bradford
    bradford

Two things:

1. 1914, 607, 1919, have been proven wrong yet millions believe in it
    2. The problem is with the word "believe. " The mind can choose to believe in what it wants. Believe, beliefs, etc. Cults fuel the beliefs and rake in supporters who choose to believe in all this stuff instead of reality. That there is no paradise. There is no everlasting life.
  • done4good
    done4good

Well people could really do what they can get away with now knowing there is no all seeing god and therefore no consequences

So that is what Christians base their morality on...now I understand.

You said it...

d4g

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

The evidence of our common ancestry is beyond all sensible dispute- Cofty

What kind of an idiot designs DNA in such a way that it is possible to mutate in such a way that cancer results?

You telling me that someone creates something as complex as the human mind in such a way that it is prone to getting Alzheimer's later in life?

Oh, and when you talk to your invisible friend, do thank him for creating AIDS and Ebola.

Ask Cotfy, it’s his and your evolutionary theories that you mentioned came by natural selection and evolved even though he has been unable to explain with his converted atheism how Cloning could be part of natural selection if it is man made. The same question I posed to several evolutionists like, Margulis, Venter etc. I was however kicked out of a conference with Tyson by calling it a delusional concept but was unable to elaborate even through follow-up questions were asked in my absence and was unable to answer such a simple question. So don't twist the theory around just because it didn't align with your ideology.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

The evidence of our common ancestry is beyond all sensible dispute. Cofty

Once again misquoting people. Isn’t it strange that ex-witnesses act upon misquotes or misrepresentation as an evil act and do everything to contact the author to alert them, yet it’s okay here, a shallow assumption to think as many atheist believe of a perfect solution with that coined phrase “all sensible dispute” spoken like a true book author. I’ll wait to see what your alter ego Viviane will say.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

What am I going to do when the existence of God is disproved?

Not a damn thing different than what I'm doing now. Try to contribute to making the world a little bit better than when I came into it. Continue to support and love my friends, neighbors and family. Continue my friendship (in moderation) with my good friend Jim Beam.

• pronomono
    pronomono

God's silence is proof enough for me. Although, it's not substantial scientific evidence, it's all I need. I remember about a year ago, after dealing with a year's worth of cognitive dissonance, the thought that I could be losing everyone I love at a moments notice, and the knowledge that I had been lied to so much in my life in regards to the "Truth", I broke down into intense prayer and meditation calling out to Jehovah in my mind....... Silence ........... Repeatedly I prayed to him intensely........ Silence. Finally, I said "F%@K this! F%@K YOU, JEHOVAH. Curse you and die! Right? If you're not going to help me, then f%@king kill me like you said you would in the Bible.".......... Silence.

It was at that moment when I hit rock bottom that I realized I was alone in the universe, that there was no God, at least for me. Once I came to that realization, a deep peace settled in on me like nothing I ever experienced in my life as a JW. It was that moment that helped me come to terms with my own mortality. And it was that moment that helped me come to terms with the eventuality that I'll most likely lose everyone I love in the near future because of my views.

I'm not saying that my views are the correct ones. I'm open to changes of viewpoint and increases in knowledge, even if it leads to the exact polar opposite of what I once believed. That's where I am now with the belief in the existence of God, from one extreme to the other. But that's enough for me.

• DJS
    DJS

Wozza,

I'm trying to ignore this OP, but your comments resulted in a disturbance in the force. You aren't a newbie; have you not been reading ANYTHING posted on this site the past couple of years? If you were, you would not have posted the following: "I wonder what this will do to peoples consciences ,no god, so no higher authority apart from mankind. Well people could really do what they can get away with now knowing there is no all seeing god and therefore no consequences'"

We have provided empirical evidence on numerous occasions that what you suggest is exactly opposite from what is occurring. The more secular and atheistic an individual, state, region or country is the more likely it is to be functional and ethical. Until the human species evolves away from religion and a belief in god and begins to start doing the right things for no other reasons than they are the right things we will never evolve. Religion and a belief in god are the problems, wozza, not the solution. Geesh, man (or girl), WTF? Download. Process.

• cofty
    cofty
    he has been unable to explain with his converted atheism how Cloning could be part of natural selection if it is man made - SimonRambles

Eh?

Cloning isn't part of natural selection. What on earth are you on about?

You haven't read a single book on evolution ever have you?

The evidence of our common ancestry is beyond all sensible dispute. Cofty

Once again misquoting people. - SimonRambles

It wasn't a quote. I said it.

• cappytan
    cappytan

cappytan walks into the thread.

...he looks around...

...sees SimonSays is involved....

...cappytan exits stage right before his blood pressure rises.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You can't disprove the existence of god/gods/spirits/angels/unicorns or an invisible, heatless, non-corporeal floating invisible dragon in my basement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit