Governing Body new Branch letter begging for donations !

by ToesUp 40 Replies latest jw friends

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I read this letter four times when it came in. I cannot for the life of me understand what they are saying. This looks like a letter that got washed through a dozen committees and ended up saying nothing.

That's a good way of putting it. At first it reminded me of many of the emails I get at work this time of year, where they basically say 'thanks for all the hard work, we've got a big year ahead next year!' The primary difference, though, is that those emails always actually provide something of some substance. This letter, on the other hand, was just a bunch of fluff about nothing and says 'give us more money unless you're unhappy with the way god's been treating you.' The bit about giving in proportion to your blessing almost has the same attitude as AMIII in his zone visit: "Take it up with god!"

I'm so glad that I stopped giving money to this cult years ago. Ironically, I stopped giving them money when I saw the over-the-top and unneccessary renovations that were taking place and I determined they had more money than they knew what to do with. The reality, though, was that those renovations where a symptom of the exact opposite.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I think we know who to credit for this letter! Many thanks!

scan 10001 . . Atlantis!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It's the end of the year.

This letter is just a reminder to those JWs who are in need of a 2014 tax write-off to keep their 'Mother' (WTBTS) in mind!

Still, this letter is another reminder to all JWs of the greed with a overwhelming desire for more money that this bitch (WTBTS) has!!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree with Committee Chairman. People just don't have the money anymore. Some of the ones that do are getting fed up with all the money grabbing and decide to stop donating. Of course, there is a Sucker born every minute, these are the ones that will continue to support this organization. Maybe these "glorious men" should take their own advise. When my family was struggling in a bad economy we were told to trust and rely upon Jehovah. Hey Governing Body..."trust in Jehovah". Easier said than done!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I would love to see their books. They made a ton of money from the sale of Brooklyn property plus all the downsizing in recent years. I would be shocked it they aren't loaded. But, their behavior makes it seem otherwise. I believe they want the rank and file to believe they are barely scrapping by so that they can guilt people into contributions. However, I also believe that they have plenty of cash to support them in the short term (5-10 years)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I would love to see donations dry-up and I would love to see the WTBTS go belly-up!!!

I would absolutely love it!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

People just don't have the money anymore. Some of the ones that do are getting fed up with all the money grabbing and decide to stop donating.

I too believe that the money has been drying up for some time now.

I cut WAY BACK on donations over 10 years before I really had awakened to TTATT because I had already seen the misappropriation of funds at so many levels.

Since my elderly mother & aunt had to drive 50 miles to attend the Zone Meetings, she said that tank of gasoline/petrol was all the contribution she was giving them. {drum roll} They had plenty to pay out for these child abuse cases, they didn't need her money.

{WOW}

Doc

• Island Man
    Island Man

For the life of me, I can't figure out what's so extraordinarily controversial about this letter. Watchtower periodically sends letters like these to congregations thanking them for their donations. I have heard letters like this read several times in the past - even before the new donation arrangement. I honestly don't think this letter is worth the excitement that the OP made over it. There is nothing extraordinary about it as to warrant such excitement.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I agree. But it's in keeping with the general tendency around here to catastrophize every minor event in Watchtower Land.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

“What's the point? Brothers, we should expect them to despoil us of our human rights. We should expect them to confiscate all of Jehovah's belongings and close down and take possession of all our branches, factories, depots, kingdom halls, assembly halls, everything. Don't make any mistake about it. We are all in this together. We have a common enemy.”

So if "THEY" are goingto take possession of all the jdub buildings.......then WHY would the dubs be telling everyone they need to build more?

Hello? Surely SOMEONE can think through this and say "Hey, WAIT, THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit