Governing Body new Branch letter begging for donations !

by ToesUp 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    All of you lurkers...WAKE UP! Ask yourself...why is a one day assembly, on a paid off assembly hall, costing us thousands of dollars per day. Is tolit paper going up in price?

I posed this same question to my spouse a while back, and she knows how I feel about the WTS although I still accompany her to the Hall from time to time. As I asked her this, we both gave each other that same WTF look . It was hilarious.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Isrealite men gave gifts, in proportion to the blessing the Jehovah had given him.

Translation: "The more money you give the bigger the blessing Jehovah will give you?" Unbelieveable!

You just reversed the statement. The statement was that the more someone had (due to Jehovah's blessing), the more they gave. So the message is that Witnesses with more should give more.

• Watchtower-Free
  • johnamos
    johnamos

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS

Re: Donations in Support of Kingdom Interests Worldwide

Dear Brothers:

We would like to express our deep appreciation for your generous support of Kingdom
    interests around the world. God’s people have a long history of making heartfelt voluntary contributions to support true worship, and this year was no exception. As we are well-aware, considerable resources are needed to publish and distribute Bibles and Bible literature, to build and maintain meeting places and branch facilities, and to provide emergency relief aid to fellow believers in times of disaster. Your recognition and appreciation for these blessings are evident by your willingness to “honor Jehovah with your valuable things.”—Prov. 3:9, 10.
    There is ample evidence that Jehovah is speeding up the work. (Isa. 60:22) With the recent
    adjustments to Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall construction and financing, concerted effort will be focused on building places of worship throughout the earth.
    We are confident that with Jehovah’s continued blessing, many more will stream to “the mountain of the house of Jehovah.”—Isa.2:2.
    As loyal Kingdom subjects, we continue to show our support for Kingdom activities with
    all our heart. Just as under the Mosaic Law each Israelite man gave a gift “in proportion to the
    blessing that Jehovah” had given him, we today reflect on how He has blessed us in our lives and
    freely give of our time, energy, and resources in promoting Kingdom activities. (Deut. 16:16, 17)
    As we do so, we are assured that Jehovah treasures such a giving spirit!
    We pray Jehovah’s rich blessing on all your hard work and loyal service as we work “shoulder to shoulder” in support of Kingdom interests.—Zeph. 3:9.

Quote from Ciro Aulicino speaking about Gog’s attack.

“What the Future Holds” talk-

“What's the point? Brothers, we should expect them to despoil us of our human rights. We should expect them to confiscate all of Jehovah's belongings and close down and take possession of all our branches, factories, depots, kingdom halls, assembly halls, everything. Don't make any mistake about it. We are all in this together. We have a common enemy.”

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I was never blessed by jah so I'm not donating one red cent.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

"each Israelite man gave a gift “in proportion to the

blessing that Jehovah” had given him, we today reflect on how He has blessed us in our lives and

freely give of our time, energy, and resources in promoting Kingdom activities. "

So from this point of view aren't I due a refund if my blessings were supposed to be in proportion to what I gave???

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

There is ample evidence that Jehovah is speeding up the work.

They keep saying this, but never actually cite any evidence.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

I read this letter four times when it came in. I cannot for the life of me understand what they are saying. This looks like a letter that got washed through a dozen committees and ended up saying nothing. I end up doing this a lot lately...I get a letter like this from the branch and I have to put it through a decoding sequence where I apply what I know about how the organization operates to try to decode what the original message actually was supposed to say.

In any case, I'm convinced by some things I observe right now that they are having serious cash flow difficulties. I'm not entirely convinced that it is as a result of child abuse litigation, although that contributes to the issue. I think that the donations are subtantially decreasing for two reasons. One is that people just don't have any money any more. The news folks can talk all they want about how the economy is getting better. It is not. The other is that some folks like me just stopped contributing. I have plenty of money. I refuse to give any to support any of this. I haven't contributed anything at any function at any time for about two years now. My belief is that this organization will disappear partially because it just won't be able to afford to continue and they have done away with the one mechanism that would have enabled the organization to survive if all of its corporations and properties are gone: people's homes. They took away the book studies and the field service groups are very poorly supported. So when this finally collapses from the big financial failure that is coming, logistically there will not be a mechanism in place to keep going.

Sorry for the rant. This was the worst letter ever.

CC

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Heh, I think you're over-thinking it, committeechairman. They're just drawing attention to all the building work being done and hinting that contributions will be needed for it. It has to be phrased in an indirect manner because they refuse to outright ask for money, lest the ghost of C.T. Russell come back to haunt them with his words about soliciting funds.

I appreciate your point about the the foolishness of ceasing the use of people's homes for meetings. But there's nothing stopping them from re-instituting it if they see a need. I've been saying for a while that it's impossible for the religion to actually go belly-up because, even if they could not afford to rent or build facilities some day, they could just go "hardcore first century" and hold all meetings in private homes. Certainly, though, that doesn't seem to be the direction they're going. With all the investments in Kingdom Halls, particularly wiring them for streaming video broadcasts, they are committing further to long-term use of the KHs.

• Stealth
    Stealth

I am looking forward to next years anual report to see how many new kingdom halls they built with all that money they ripped off from the congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit