Governing Body new Branch letter begging for donations !

by ToesUp 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I just want the Governing Body to know how "happified" I am today. Keep sending those Branch letters to the congregation(s) about sending your donations in. Not only did you humiliate the Rank and File with your Tony Morris tight pants talk but now you are begging the same people you humiliated for money. You just can't make this stuff up. Are these guys stupid or clueless? Maybe both? These guys just don't get it.

They required people to travel farther for International Conventions this year. Not all of us have someone to pay all our bills...i.e. mortgage, health insurance, car payments, etc. They even have their meals prepared, cleaned up and the laundry done. Are they getting mani/pedis too? I have a job and I don't have a nice pair of cufflinks or a pinky ring. Keep it coming Governing Body...it's waking ALOT of people up (it woke me up)! How long do you think it will take for them to put a donate button on JW.org? I'm betting within the next 6 months to a year.

All of you lurkers...WAKE UP! Ask yourself...why is a one day assembly, on a paid off assembly hall, costing us thousands of dollars per day. Is tolit paper going up in price?

I once read, "the evil prosper, and the innocent pay the bills for them".

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

When was this letter read? Any more details on the contents beyond it begging for more money? I haven't been to a mid-week meeting in a while (yay!) so I may have missed it if it came in recently.

• sir82
    sir82

It came in this week, to be read at the next service meeting. Basically saying "thanks for contributing, keep on giving us money!"

• bigmac
    bigmac

a belated welcome ToesUp--good to see another with eyes wide open

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It was read this week. We are in the US branch. It was titled donations in support of Kingdom interests worldwide. I hope someone has a copy to share with the rest of us.

Bigmac - Thank you for the welcome! Been lurking here for a few years. Still have to keep our personal details under wraps for now!

• Stealth
    Stealth

It's good to be king. Until your subjects realize that you have no cloths.

• pixel
    pixel

I hope someone has a copy to share with the rest of us.

There you go.

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS

Re: Donations in Support of Kingdom Interests Worldwide

Dear Brothers:

We would like to express our deep appreciation for your generous support of Kingdom
    interests around the world. God’s people have a long history of making heartfelt voluntary contributions
    to support true worship, and this year was no exception. As we are well-aware, considerable
    resources are needed to publish and distribute Bibles and Bible literature, to build and
    maintain meeting places and branch facilities, and to provide emergency relief aid to fellow believers
    in times of disaster. Your recognition and appreciation for these blessings are evident by
    your willingness to “honor Jehovah with your valuable things.”—Prov. 3:9, 10.
    There is ample evidence that Jehovah is speeding up the work. (Isa. 60:22) With the recent
    adjustments to Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall construction and financing, concerted effort
    will be focused on building places of worship throughout the earth. We are confident that
    with Jehovah’s continued blessing, many more will stream to “the mountain of the house of Jehovah.”—Isa.
    2:2.
    As loyal Kingdom subjects, we continue to show our support for Kingdom activities with
    all our heart. Just as under the Mosaic Law each Israelite man gave a gift “in proportion to the
    blessing that Jehovah” had given him, we today reflect on how He has blessed us in our lives and
    freely give of our time, energy, and resources in promoting Kingdom activities. (Deut. 16:16, 17)
    As we do so, we are assured that Jehovah treasures such a giving spirit!
    We pray Jehovah’s rich blessing on all your hard work and loyal service as we work
    “shoulder to shoulder” in support of Kingdom interests.—Zeph. 3:9.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

pixel:

You have a pm!

Atlantis!

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

....they say that they are going to focus on building places of worship throughout the earth. They don't need money for that. It's paid for completely by the members of the congregation, and lots of buildng supplies are donated. So it's a scam. They are money-grubbers, they have us go out in service, use our own cars and gas and time, to stand at doors and beg for money to send to them.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Thank you Pixel.

Isrealite men gave gifts, in proportion to the blessing the Jehovah had given him.

Translation: "The more money you give the bigger the blessing Jehovah will give you?" Unbelieveable!

I feel sorry for all the hardworking Brothers and Sisters, that really believe these guys are "the ones", who are barely making ends meet that are turning their last dollar over to these greedy men. I pray everyday that Karma (what goes around comes around) kicks these guys butts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit