Governing Body new Branch letter begging for donations !

by ToesUp 40 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

Since my elderly mother & aunt had to drive 50 miles to attend the Zone Meetings

Same story in my area. WT sells multimillion dollar property near the dubs, then buys multi thousand dollar land for convention hall 60 or 70 miles away. WT makes money turning over real estate while dubs have to donate more money and increase their expenses just to make it to the convention, Not to mention the extra pollution added to the planet.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"?

Huh??

Have I missed something?.....

Here in Australia, the letters all come from "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society".

What is with the "christian congregation of jehovah's witnesses?"

• wifibandit
  • bobld
    bobld

"To build and maintain meeting places and branch facilities" is what they saying.Are they building new branch facilites now after they closed a number of them lately?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

But there's nothing stopping them from re-instituting it if they see a need. I've been saying for a while that it's impossible for the religion to actually go belly-up because, even if they could not afford to rent or build facilities some day, they could just go "hardcore first century" and hold all meetings in private homes.

I was quite young, pre-teen, but I remember that collections used to be made at the book study in our home.

Does anyone recollect that?

• St George of England
    St George of England

There was a contribution box at each group until they were closed down 31 December 2008.

George

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I would love to see their books."

WT has strict rules about the handling and audit of KH and AH funds and reports are to be done "just so". The dollars in the halls is carefully and publicly watched. The millions of dollars at the branch is all secret. They've sold Brooklyn properties for around $850,000,000. Many of those deals were done secretly without disclosure of amounts. Why? They've also sold lots of other branches. They've slashed the number of bethelites being supported. They've slashed the amount of printing. Then WT does a cash-grab of the congregation funds. How much money have they made/saved? Where is all that money going?

There's the story of a rich, elderly widow who was known for her generosity to many organizations and causes. When she was sick and in the hospital, the administrators saw it as their opportunity to thank her for her support and mention how they could use help with the mounting costs. When they finished their pitch, she replied, "bring the books by my accountants, and we'll have a look at what we can do to help." Of course, they didn't really want to disclose how much money they were pocketing, so they went away empty-handed.

And the story of Judas stealing from the money box is in the Bible for a reason. All that secrecy about funds at the top is prime for fraud.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

storing up treasures on earth

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

this is nothing new..usually even a watchower article about donations

• sir82
    sir82

Now there's a blast from the past!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest