Is is Muslim terrorist cafe seige Sydney...hundreds of hostages! looks bad.

by Witness 007 98 Replies latest jw experiences

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Does anyone think this could be a suicide-by-cop type incident? Especially since he just lost in court recently?

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

The difference between a fundamentalist and a radical is a very fine line. Whether it be Jehovah in the Bible or Allah in the Quran - God is not a moderate. Fortunately for the Christians, there is the whole peace-loving-hippy from the first century. Unfortunately for the Muslims, their prophet is a seventh century warlord.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think so. He didn't want to just die, he wanted someone to remember him. He wanted others to be as miserable and messed up as he is. I really think he was a self centered jerk who played at the terrorism angle for attention. He was no devout Muslim, he seemed to crave attention and he liked to play games with people's heads. (all that fortune teller, astrology, spiritism nonsense in order to manipulate women into having sex is against Islam in uncountable ways. That abuse of the military families. . .he was always trying to be the center of the room-and no one really noticed him at all. They took like 20 years before anyone accused him of the abuse. He was a total nonentity, no matter how much he tried to get attention.

I read of the lengths he went to to give himself an alibi while his girlfriend or whoever was killing his ex wife. Its like he put a sign up that said "look at me!!!" and they let him out on bail as if he was of no account.

He was more an attention whore than a terrorist, but he was a murderous abusive one that got away with it too many times. And now he has what he wants because we are talking about him, speculating about him and his dreams came true.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So what about this..?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-30479306

Would you do this, even if you feel Islam is inherently dangerous and any adherent is essentially supporting a dogma that cannot ever be truly tolerant?

• barry
    barry

Im Australian and I don't support Illridewithyou rubbish.

This cause assumes Australians are Islamophobic when Australians should be comforting the familys that have lost loved ones. Australians are not Islamaphobic. Muslims in Australia are treated like everyone else here and American Muslims that visit here are amased how much support muslims get and have sited Government funding for Islamic schools as an example.

• Simon
    Simon

It's kind of perverse how after an incident like this there is always more focus on 'supporting' muslims than there seems to be supporting the families of the victims.

There was a muslim guest on CNN who was very reasonable and moderate (I know his face, sadly not his name) and he was commenting on this IllRideWithYou campaign - he said they (muslims) should be doing more and starting campaigns themselves. There's too much "nothing to do with me" when everyone should at the very least be comdemning things but idealy making a clear distinction from themselves.

There does seem more appetite now for people to question the role of religion and the notion that people were 'acting alone'. If you have a shared belief and tune in to other people messages then you're not really alone.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Amazing how the media continues to give Islam a free pass. Reminds me of ostriches who put their head in the sand.

Bangalore

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

From what I have heard and read Australians aren't allowed to own firearms except under special circumstances.

As the owner of a set of three rifles, I can say that it is not too difficult to obtain a firearms licence in this country. Primarily, you just need to have a genuine reason for owning these weapons. However, in common with many other countries of the former British Empire, the police here would not class self-defence as a legitimate reason (in fact, if you offered that as the reason for owning a gun, they would almost certainly reject your application for a firearms licence!)

In my case (and also true of most gun owners in Australia) being a member of a rifle shooting club was considered sufficient to be granted a Class A and B Firearms Licence, which covers rifles and shotguns.

Before anybody directs a stream of tomatoes in my direction, this is purely for your (i.e. Honesty's) information:

-I am not offering any comment as to whether this is, or is not, a good policy - I am just stating how it is!

Bill.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

The angle being taken over here on this guy is one of a lone madman. He is a Shia muslim, yet requested an ISIS flag who are Sunnis and been beheading Shias. It turned out he went into the cafe with the wrong jihadist flag and wanted it changing.

Even as Islamic Fundamentalist standards go the guy was clearly mentally deranged in wanting to fight under the banner of his Shia brothers enemies.

• designs
    designs

Australians are showing class, holding signs 'I'll Ride With You'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit