Is is Muslim terrorist cafe seige Sydney...hundreds of hostages! looks bad.

by Witness 007 98 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah Merry Christmas to the young coffee baristas that work there standing in the windows with hands up...poor people. His flag says ALLAH IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD WORTH WORSHIPPING AND MOHAMED IS HIS PROFIT. Nice style of Witnessing I can see hundreds converting to his cause.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Surprised this isn't being covered much stateside. Just flipped through 6 around-the-clock news networks, none of which are covering this right now. Hoping for the best possible outcome for the unfortunate hostages who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time...

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Soooo.. Let's talk about this.

Why a cafe? why THIS cafe? I understand an "attack" on the Sydney opera house but... A cafe?

Really shooting for the stars there jihadists.

I've said it here before, I'll say it again. There are FAR more Islamic extremists in the world than we realize. Far more.

If 5% of Muslims could be convinced by extremists (very easily plausible) that's 80,000,000 potential Muslim militants. That's scary, even if they were just angry sheep herders with pick axes and shovels. But they're not. They're well funded and well equipped. And hugely supported.

And yet they targeted a cafe in Australia. That's all they've managed to pull off lately? Don't underestimate the effect our counter terrorist organizations on the leading countries of the world.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

First, its a highly visible location, opposite the studio of a major TV station.

Second, the street, Martin Place carries a lot of symbolism in Sydney. At the top of Martin Place, there is a T intersection with a major 'Government' street with Parliament house, and in Martin Place in the next block down is a major war memorial.

I think that explains the symbolism.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

That's my understanding from what I've been reading -- it's a highly visible area near major banks and government offices, with a lot of foot traffic as well.

Cruelty personified, aren't they?

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Is it just one hostage-taker? Wonder if possible it could be one extremist acting on his own following the calls to attack the infidels.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Geez I hope no one gets hurt... this is crazy

• Listener
    Listener

There are reports that a woman saw the terrorist outside of the cafe and saw him with a gun or pistol, she wasn't sure but she raised the alarm. There are no specifics about this and ABC News are saying that she may have been a policewoman. Apparently, within minutes the police were alerted to the problem and it is possible that the terrorist was diverted from his original plans and holding up people in the cafe was a sudden, unplanned action on his part.

• barry
    barry

Three hostages have escaped from the cafe and there is only one gunman. The gunman dosen't seem like he is a professional. They should just shoot the bastard he's not worth a long trial and millions of dollars in legal aid.

It is not believed the gunman has explosives.

This Islamic problem reminds me of the movie mars attack some people just don't want to blame the muslim religion.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The Daily Mail reports that the Black Standard pressed against the window is the Jabhat al Nusra variant. JN are the Syrian branch of Al Qaida.

This doesn't look good. I hope all those held hostage come to no harm and are freed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit