Is is Muslim terrorist cafe seige Sydney...hundreds of hostages! looks bad.

by Witness 007 98 Replies latest jw experiences

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I didn't ask for a movie shot from the soldiers, I was asking about that particular event you were describing. I know there are Christian terrorists, as I explained. Was there a link to a Christian group, symbol, message that the criminal used before, during, or as justification for his offenses that you mentioned?

I can't see your Battle Hymn video, but I think it was likely from a WWII movie. I remember my history, that was U.S. against Nazi Fascists. Nazi's used an ancient symbol, the swastica. They used it so terribly, they changed the world's view of it. It's a dirty symbol that signifies the killing of millions of Jewish people. Nazi's were terrorists who were searching for an Arian ideal and world domination. If a person killed anyone today, using a Nazi flag or swastica symbol, we'd say they are Fascist Terrorists, even though the Nazis and Hitler don't exist. It doesn't matter if it's a lone wolf, it's the motivation.

Yes, Christians and Europeans have been terrorists. You don't like it? If you don't, get your rear to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, and go live in a goat loving country where the goats walk wierd and the women are black & blue. You don't have to be sillly sheep with us. And, don't let the door hit you in the butt if you decide to go.

• steve2
    steve2

You don't have to be mad to embrace the terrorist mentality, but it probably helps.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

800 years ago thousands of Christians were behaving like genocidal lunatics.

I'm ok with this. 800 years ago people were rubbing two sticks together to make fire as well. We've come a long way since then. Unfortunately we share the planet with civilizations that still live in that time period. These backward civilizations are threatning our way of life by trying to impose their ancient dogmas on us. It's not bad enough that they are stuck in that time period, but now they refuse to let us, progressive civilizations live the way we choose to live. How is that fair?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think he was ostensibly Muslim, but he was a Muslim who would have been executed in Iran or KSA for blasphemy and witchcraft because of his own claims-over a decade ago. Those practices are considered apostate to hardliners and are capital offenses. The first thing we know about him other than him being a refugee is that he was doing astrology, claiming mystical powers, witchcraft, etc. He called himself 'shaikh' something. That doesn't make him a cleric. I have not seen any reports that he had any kind of mosque or following, but only that he ran a spiritistic practice, is thought to have arranged to have his wife killed, abused military families, is under indictment for sexuallly abusing a bunch of women (while playing at the mystic bit). He was a fraud and a con man, jerk and a criminal who knew the whole world was coming down on him.He was desperate and wanted someone to take note of him and he knew that his life was effectively over with all the charges coming down on him. He was nobodies hero and was looking at a lifetime in prison.

ISIS may claim him, they may not, but I think that he only used the Islam bit for some more attention at his last hurrah. Otherwise he will just be a forgotten loser.

Do I think he was livid about the military in Afghanistan? Yep, and it likely informed his decision to play the jihadist game. He was a refugee and he knows what kind of hell the people are being put through because of military intervention by the west. And I am sure that in his head it is ALL the responsibility of the west. And now, after 20 hours of this standoff, and dying in it, he got what he wanted-finally. Attention.

• Listener
    Listener

It is hard to believe that this guy wasn't in jail before the incident.

It is reported

Late last year he was charged with being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife and mother of two.

More recently he was charged with a raft of offences in relation to indecent and sexual assault while operating as a self-proclaimed "spiritual healer" in Sydney's west more than a decade ago.

On Friday, his latest appeal in relation to the sending of letters to deceased Australia soldiers was dismissed by the High Court.

Monis escaped jail time over the incident was sentenced to 300 hours of community service and placed on a two-year good behaviour bond in September 2013.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/12/15/10/00/major-police-operation-in-sydneys-martin-place#WQx1uThVx4Xot2IA.99

Apparently he was wearing a backpack during the incident and police were led to believe that he was carrying explosives. Throughout the day's reporting yesterday the media kept repeating how we had the best security enforcement officers in the world and yet there was nothing said or done to prove this.

• cofty
    cofty

He was a refugee and he knows what kind of hell the people are being put through because of military intervention by the west - JWDaughter

As opposed to the paradise that was Afghanistan previously?

• barry
    barry

Fulltimestudent,

I question your logic. You say 'It was not a terrorist action' but then you also say he was an 'ameteur and not a professional terrorsts'. So now you admit he is a terrorist with the question only if he is a prefessional or not.

Tell us all how would decide who is professional does he have a certificate or is a terrorist just a card carrying member ?

Thank you Simon for your excellent and sane assessment of this awful incident.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I know people who lived in Iraq before Saddam was taken down. It wasn't a paradise. For most people though, it was home and they had normal lives, business, infrastructure. It now truly is a hell. All the events are connected, of course(Saddam started it), but when your abuse never came from your peoplel but came from the people who were 'saving' you from them, I imagine it colors your world a little differently. I have a friend whose family is in ISIS territory and life jst went from the bad of the war and occupation and the total corruption of Iraqi politics to a new level of horror with ISIS-who is saving them from the western forces. I think Iraq has had enough saving, and I imagine that Afghani's are pretty much done with the interferance too (which began long before our interventions in Iraq).

I absolutely do not justify anything that man did. Crazy and insane situations are going to create some extra crazy people.. He was clearly insane. He gave himself an excuse, but I don't hear anyone defending anything he did. It is indefensible. He has been harming people at least since he got to Australia. There may be a reason he was a refugee from Iraq that speaks to criminal behavior predating his being a refugee. I think they will find more about his background in Iraq.

• Simon
    Simon

I wanted to demonstrate that (as usual) there are two sides to the argument.

Well, you failed.

As I've said before, you're the boss. It's your site - I accept that you have the right of censorship.

It's not censorship, it's moderation.

Your videos were as irrelevant to the topic as they would be if people put a soundtrack of the muslim call to prayer over footage of militants marching.

There is a HUGE difference between a national army, some who happen to be Christain, and an islamic army - all of whom are islamic. One does not have the sole purpose of spreading their religion and killing those who refuse to accept it.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Fulltimestudent: The gunman is regarded as a mentally unstable person....It was NOT a muslim terrorism action.

Cofty: So how does a mentally ill jihadist differ from a sane one?

Guess the answer to this question was.....if you claim your backpack is full of explosives and it really is not you are a mentally ill Muslim. If you do happen to have a backpack full of explosives and go the full suicide bomber route you are a sane Muslim terrorist.

No matter the country.....the liberal ones really cannot help but to spin a horrible terrorist incident into a defense of the Islam religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit