Is is Muslim terrorist cafe seige Sydney...hundreds of hostages! looks bad.

by Witness 007 98 Replies latest jw experiences

• Giordano
    Giordano

The terrorist is dead and unfortunately it is looking like one Hostage was killed and 3 or 4 wounded.

Police went in with flash bang grenades.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

And, he gets his 50 virgins in Heaven . . . . inspiring more Islamic terrorists wack-a-doodles.

I knew nothing/very little about Islam on September 10, 2001. Only, that Cat Stevens joined it and you couldn't make fun of Allah, not even in a cartoon. I wish I was still as nieve about it and that all of these things didn't occur.

I understand why President Obama does drone attacks that killed innocent people, and why the CIA did its interrogation methods on caught terrorists. I don't mind either. And, I would be the victim in either of these if it saved any of you.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

3 hostages have died...many injured including police officers. Very sad day.

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

What I meant by hysteria is saying things like the city had shut down and hundreds of people were involved. It's the sort of promotion these disgusting people love. Sounds like our joke of a justice system let us down again. This guy should have been locked up years ago. As far as the councidence goes, I'm just a bit cynical because lately it seems every time out government has something going on that they probably don't want making a lot of news there is some big story taking the limelight. It probably is just a coincidence I certainly hope so.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Some corrections:

Two hostages dead plus the gunman.

The gunman is regarded as a mentally unstable person, who failed in a court action last week.

This video from the Canberra Times explains a lot:

http://media.canberratimes.com.au/news/nsw-news/the-moment-the-siege-broke-on-live-television-6094193.html?next_video=true

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

And, this video of an opinion by a professional who studies hostage takers.

It was NOT a muslim terrorism action.

http://media.canberratimes.com.au/news/national-news/siege-hostage-taker-mentally-ill-6093933.html

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

skeeter1: I understand why President Obama does drone attacks that killed innocent people, and why the CIA did its interrogation methods on caught terrorists. I don't mind either.

At the risk of being flamed, may I point out that part of the problem is that many Muslims who may become disturbed enough to take action, are a mirror image of your attitude.

Every time an innocent Muslim kid is killed by a drone, the possibility exists that some relative becomes angry enough to become a terrorist.

And, I expect (in view of the above comments (and, I do understand why you made the comment) that if one of your young relatives was killed in a Muslim terrorist action, you may become angry enough to become a soldier and go and kill a Muslim in their own country.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Of course it wasn't Islam's fault.....the Islam flag meant nothing. It had to be someone picking on Islam who is at fault. Geez.

• cofty
    cofty

So how does a mentally ill jihadist differ from a sane one?

Negotiation is for talking somebody out of a position of power to get a better outcome or for buying time.

A lone gunman should be shot without a second thought. Two innocent people are dead, that is a failure.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Alphaman: It had to be someone picking on Islam who is at fault. Geez.

The video's I suggested, did not say that at all. The man is clearly Muslim, but the assessment of the authorities is that he was a mentally disturbed person who became a 'hostage-taker.' And, as the lecturer from Wollongong University pointed out, there are thousands of those situations around the world, every day.

About one year ago, only about 100 metres from here, and outside the Parliament building in Macquarie Street, a lone Christian, started a similar action. He claimed to have filled his car with enough explosive to destroy the building, and he threatened that he would do just that, if the government did not reverse a failed legal action he had been involved in. Much as I dislike Christianity, (nearly as much as I dislike Islam) I do not think that what this mentally disturbed 'Christain' did would justify a headline of "Christian Terrorism."

Do you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit