After Six Months of Hiatus, I can tell you the Watchtower is Starting to Crumble Faster than you think!

by SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

Wouldn't the mormons be considered a doomsday cult? They have double the members and have been around 50 years longer.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The socialogical/psychological definition of a cult is whether or not it follows many aspeccts of the BITE model of mind control. To that, I would say that Mormons are a cult. Ex-Mormons will attest to it, and make up a large portion of self-help cult exit groups like Internaional Cultic Studies Association.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Mormons are NOT a doomsday cult...if they once were they have rebranded...the JWs thrive on the imminent end of this system...it is right around the corner.....

The changes that we are experiencing are having definite systemic effects. In some congregations, they are palpable. Some congregations still fourish and thrive because of the familial ambience, but as for the religious environment, people are active because it is expected of them, not due to an innate zeal. Service related activity is shallow at best.

When the Conti case is decided THAT will have an impact that will be felt universally. Fingers crossed.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

When the Conti case is decided THAT will have an impact that will be felt universally

You are being way too optimistic. It will not have any significant impact. I have spoken to JWs about these cases, and I can tell you they don't create that much controversy.

I've seen some JWs say that you can't trust the media, so they even doubt these cases are true. Other just say that the Org is not perfect, and there will always be a few bad seeds, bla bla bla.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

When the conti case happens JWs will just say either it is satan's persecution, or if in favor it is Jehovah's vindication. Either way is a win win for JWs. All of these threads predicting the imminent demise of the organization makes me want to research how many times people have posted that very thing in the last 13 years on this board.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I could care less what the witnesses say about the Conti case or its repercussions in the congregation.

If the Conti case is successful, the financial implications will be devastating. It will serves to encourage hundreds if not thousands of other victims and the effect will be too much for any organization. That is my position. Congregation members may blame this "wicked system" or "persecution" but an organization of this size cannot adequately function when its financial stability is in peril....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

why would anyone join a religion willing to spend 100x the energy of hunting down Apostates or perceived congregation threats while ignoring the kids, teenagers ,

young adults and elderly witnesses because “we wish we could help the brothers but there’s not enough time in the day!”

The inner organized placement of power is what will keep this religious cult going, there are still many JWS going out in service trying to draw in more converts.

Why do they stay is comprised on the fact of fear induced reprisals, not only from a theological viewpoint (god will destroy us)

but on a sociological viewpoint concerning recognized family and friends made within the congregations themselves.

The JWS identity is not easily cast off.

As for WTS. running out of money due to the high cost of law suits files against it is just not true.

The WTS has hundreds of millions sitting in bank accounts around the world and being that the ORG has sold off many of its branches

this only adds to its total over all assets.

In other words the WTS can easily handle a good portion of law suits if it were to do so.

Most JWS even today think the WTS. is poor, an illusion which has been done intensionally by its leaders to draw in more money,

just another segment of ignorance that most JWS are immersed in.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

And I want to add to what Separation of Powers maintains by reminding posters not to forget the $13.5 million sanctions that a California judge levied against the WT for not producing documents and Losch for deposition in the Lopez case. Also, WT attorneys are pulling the same stunt, non-cooperation, in another case which appears to be taking the same route as Lopez.

There are many things that are going on behind the scenes that most on this board don't know about, so it might be beneficial to withhold judgment on whether the WT is in deep trouble financially or in other ways. Perhaps, we can resume this discussion next year at this time and see who was right, SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker, sloppyjoe2, redvip2000 or Separation of Powers. The plot thickens...

Barbara

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

f the Conti case is successful, the financial implications will be devastating. It will serves to encourage hundreds if not thousands of other victims and the effect will be too much for any organization.

Yes i do agree with you on that. From a financial perspective it will be a big deal. It will create a precedent. There is a lot of people out there who who were abused, and once they realize they can potentially make a few million, they will start coming out of the woodwork. I personally know 2 women who were abused as kids by a Jdub. I hope they will think of taking action as well.

But for existing JWs it will just be another sign of persecution.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has the money now to pay off law suits out of court and hush the incident from the publics eye as well the body of JWS.

Certainly if these law suits were to occur back in the 1960's or70's, they would have produced some major damage to the organization.

....... but this is not the 1960's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit